“Very good food, nice atmosphere, massive puddings.”

Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 1,071 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Washington Dr.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We ate here with our young children towards the end of our holiday. The greeter was helpful and friendly and our waiter was a fairly friendly young man who gave good advice when asked and great service. The food was delicious, fresh and tasty. A lovely menu with a great choice. There was a singer/ guitarist playing for our entertainment who was very good and just the right volume, choice of songs to create a good atmosphere. The dessert tray gives a realistic impression of the desserts. Massive and tasty, four of us shared the chocolate cake and still couldn't finish it. I wish we'd had more time on our holidays to go back here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,249)

Reviewed July 31, 2013

When you're in the middle of a two-week vacation, you start longing for something that tastes really good. Not being sure where to look, we took a chance on Tommy Bahama's when we were walking around St. Armands Circle.

From the minute we walked in until an hour or so later when we walked out, we were treated great by every staff member we came across. Our server was knowledgeable and fun and the spinach dip he recommended for an appetizer did not disappoint.

The coconut shrimp platter I ordered was the best I ever had. I enjoyed it so much that I asked to speak to the manager so I could tell him. My wife's veggie burger was juicy and full of flavor.

We enjoyed it so much, that we returned the next day for lunch; the salmon was served perfect.

If you go, and the weather permits, ask for a table on the second floor porch so you can watch the shoppers.

1  Thank Rusty W
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Great place to get a dinner w reservations accepted. The magi and grouper were outstanding as was the service!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had a wonderful meal at Tommy Bahama in Sarasota. I had a snapper dish that was outstanding. My wife had beef short ribs that were prepared to perfection. We were seated upstairs with a view of the street below. Our waiter was very attentive and professional. The prices were reasonable for this trendy St. Armon's Circle area of Sarasota.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Lunch here today with hubby. I had the Kobe mushroom burger and he had the pulled pork sandwich. Both were excellent and seasoned perfectly as were the thin cut french fries with some of the yummy skins left on. We also shared a jumbo piece of the pina colada cake, I will be dreaming about that cake tonight for sure. Stay away from the mango iced tea, very dilute, no flavor. The plain iced tea was not much better. If you are not having one of their famous cocktails or beer or wine, skip a beverage and have ice water. The service was friendly, nothing outstanding. The food and adult beverages are worth the trip here and don't forget dessert.