“Excellent eve at Bonefish”

Bonefish Grill Tamiami
Ranked #153 of 1,038 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Burlington, Canada
“Excellent eve at Bonefish”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We went with our contractor and his wife to celebrate the end of a great condo reno. We had been there once before when we first arrived in Sarasota. It was a great night - food was excellent , service was great, wine was quite good and prices very good. Delightful night . Would have had highest rating but ambiance could be improved- tables are quite close. Thanks for a great eve

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Don S

connecticut
“Over rated”
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

I am not a big fan of chain restaurants except when I'm dining with children or I'm on vacation and looking for a quick dependable meal. A friend had recommended Bonefish so there I was. Except for the bang bang shrimp which I will agree was tasty the rest of our meals were very very poor. I had the Chilean Seabass which was a pile of mush, with lumpy mashed potatoes and old green beans. Haddock was tasteless with a heavy mystery sauce. I really do not understand how this restaurant stays in business. Maybe it's the service which was very quick and friendly but really that is not enough.

1 Thank hwtraveler3
Siesta Key, Florida
“Expensive and cramped”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Went to Bonefish on Saturday evening for the 1st time. Was somewhat disappointed to see that fish was rather expensive, service was very slow, although our waitress was good, and the seating was very cramped. We went here because we had a gift card for Outback which included the Bonefish chain. I think we'll stick with Outback in the future. You get more bang for the buck at Outback.

• Visited February 2014
Sarasota, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely awful!!!!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Been coming to Sarasota for 16 years and without a doubt this has been the most pathetic service and food I have eaten here. We came here for a bday celebration, made reservations days in advance only to be finally served in 2 hrs. Our party consisted of restauranters and out of town guests. It was an embarrassment and a humiliation for the birthday person as it was their suggestion to frequent bonefish? Never again and I will do my best to dissuade anyone from going there.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Irma N
Sarasota, Florida
“Best Seafood and Drinks”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

This restaurant starting with their waitstaff can't be beat. They serve a delicious warm bread with dipping oil and pesto spice that is good enough to make a meal of. The Bang Bang Shrimp is the "best" and their seafood has always been consistently wonderful. They have a great menu with a variety for all. We chose to go on a Tuesday when it is Tuesday Tales. They offer 2 lobster rolls for $7.90; a lobster tail for $7.90 or a lobster tail dinner for $11.90. It can't be beat. This along with their regular dinner menu makes you want to go back every night of the week to try something else. Happy Hour is also a must!

• Visited January 2014