“Beautiful waterfront and city views!”
Review of Marina Jack

Marina Jack
Ranked #49 of 1,046 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Buffalo, NY
“Beautiful waterfront and city views!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This waterfront location is in the heart of downtown Sarasota. It is a perfect spot for any time of day, since the daylight spotlights the marina and water and the night spotlights the sparkling lights of the city and the marina. Truly spectacular views!!!

We arrived on a cold and rainy evening, so the patio and outside dining areas were empty. The restaurant has three main dining areas and three different, but similar, menus. Live entertainment, including a really great piano bar and lounge! We dined in the more upscale dining room, which is upstairs (also reached by elevator) and is reminiscent of an old school supper club.....elegant from the moment you enter the space. Floor to ceiling windows provide a panoramic view from every angle....city, water, marina, boats....where to look??? A vision of Florida from every seat!

Service is polished beyond expectations. I am very cognizant of what the servers are doing and I watch from the corner of my eye. Our waiter was nowhere near us, but we never left his line of sight. We had everything we needed the moment we needed it!! My favorite thing was that he KNEW the true dining rule of NOT clearing a single plate until every diner was finished. Bravo!

There are many food options, including seafood and meats. My grouper was the least favorite. It had a potato topping, but was strangely greasy. My husband's ribeye was tasty and tender. The stuffed lobster was excellent and the fried seafood platter was polished off by my friend. Caesar salads were great and my crab bisque was incredible. Fabulous desserts and perfect cocktails.

We all left happy and would all return to this gem. Valet parking available and I suggest you take it, as it is a prime location and parking spots were nonexistent in the lot.

• Visited March 2014

syracuse
“overpriced. nice view”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

cocktails were too sweet for my taste and too $$. we did not order food as nothing really appealed to us for the money. you can sit right next to water and watch boats come in and out, its next to the marina and nice walk afterwards. Location is the best it has going in my opinion

Visited February 2014
Venice, Florida
“REALLY NOT WHAT I WAS EXPECTING :(”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We were recommended this rest. by the Sarasota vistors center. My concern is that the hall to the restrooms was so overwhelmed with the smell of urine that when I went back to eat I couldn't stop thinking about it..yuck.. this place needs to be bleached.... the chicken flatbread was dry and no flavor sort of like a frozen pizza. The view is beautiful there but I was not impressed and not classy at all. I really don't think I would go back...

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank joyce v
New York City, New York
“beautiful view”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Beautiful ambiance and very good food- ask for a window seat. Service was a bit slow we had to look to pay our check

Visited March 2014
Sarasota, Florida
“A MAINSTAY IN SARASOTA”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

It is a place right on the bay with a great view. Food in the daily restaurant is good. The upstairs room is more expense and very good. A place to go during the day or at night to listen to local music and enjoy sandwiched and burgers etc.

The upstairs restaurant is elegant and the food is very good. Theunset view is to die for.

• Visited December 2013