Tripadvisor
Sarasota
Post
Inbox
Search

“Very good but maybe just a little on the pricey side in my humble opinion.”

Phillippi Creek Village Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Order Online
Ranked #133 of 1,253 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There were five of us adults plus 2 children around 6 years old. The atmosphere was very comfortable and the place was quite busy indicatibng to me that this was going to be a great experience. Well, it really was but it kept bothering me that our tab came to $224.36 including my $37.00 tip.
The service was great and the seafood very good. Would I go back.? Yes maybe but next time I won't order the 2 Jack& Cokes and the three beers. No, they were not all for me lol.

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,647)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Family dinner on January 14. We were served appetizers and then some of our entrees followed. We were abruptly told the remaining dishes could not be served due to a power outage and the restaurant was shutdown for evening. We ate what was served, paid our bill and left. Two of our party later commented the food smelled and tasted “off”. I was concerned and called the next day and spoke with a manager. She reassured me a “breaker blew up” and had to close but they were back in business the next day. Just found out today they were shutdown on January 14 due to numerous health code violations including roaches, improper storage temps, etc. (see attached photo screenshot). I’m beyond disgusted and will never venture there again.

1  Thank Beergirl8
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I love the freshness of the fish. This restaurant is fancy at all. You can go casual. The food is Delicious I love the fresh oysters on the half shell and grouper to die for.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visit Siesta Key often and have been going to Phillippi Creek for at least 20 years. However, we will not be returning. Our last couple of visits the food has been mediocre. Our last visit in January 2020 was the last straw. My daughter ordered Fettuccine Chicken Alfredo which was served cold. I ordered a sandwich and fries and the fries were also cold. This place used to be good but has gone downhill the past couple of years. We will not be returning.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were a large family group of 10. They don't take reservations, but will let you call ahead for a large party, so it worked for us. Seating can be barside, outside, or inside. The atmosphere is convivial and friendly. The menu is extensive and delicious.