Phillippi Creek Village Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Conyers, Georgia
“Great view!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We arrived early (before 6pm), and were able to sit inside by a window overlooking the water. The food was as good as any I've had in the Siesta Key area. They do have lots of tables jammed together and I'm sure it gets loud as the night progresses. If you're looking for good seafood, a casual environment, and fair prices then this is probably the place for you. I would return.

1 Thank Tommy M

Minneapolis, MN
“Best fish of our Sarasota trip”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This was my final dining experience in Sarasota, and I was glad that my sister - a Sarasota resident - suggested Phillippi Creek.

We started with an order of fried alligator - just to say we'd tried it. My sister warned us that gator usually is quite tough, but this was fabulous. It was pounded thin enough to be tender and surrounded by a light, crispy breading that supported but didn't overpower the gator.

For my main course, I ordered the grilled grouper Caesar, and it was amazing. The grouper was juicy, tender, and very flavorful - a far cry from some of the less inspiring grouper I'd had this trip. My sister and boyfriend both got the fried flounder sandwich. It was huge! I'm not usually a big fan of flounder, but this was prepared perfectly and tasted great.

The hush puppies were the only negative part of the meal. They were dense, tough, and tasteless. We even sent them back and got a fresh batch, but the new ones weren't any better. I recommend skipping the hush puppies and enjoying the rest of your meal.

This is a small oasis in the city, and I can't wait to go back.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Carib0906
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A Favorite Seafood Spot”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have visited Phillippi Creek on some previous vacations to the area and always enjoyed it so we stopped for dinner again and it has not changed. It is as crowded and noisy as ever and the seafood is still fresh and delicious. The views are great as well. My only complaint is that they stuff way too many tables into this space which makes it even more crowded. It still remains as a must go to restaurant when we visit the area.

1 Thank cincytripper
Sarasota, Florida
“JJ gave us great service”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

JJ took great care of our table of 8! Very attentive & friendly. Thanks!
I really enjoyed the steak & shrimp (manager's special).
The others at the table weren't thrilled with the clam chowder they said that it was more like potato soup. One at the table didn't like her salad with shrimp on it.
Kudos to the bartenders too. We'll be back.

1 Thank AckandAnita
Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“love this place!!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Best seafood gumbo and gator bites around! We have been coming here for so many year, I cannot even count! Roy does a great job with his staff, portions and quality of food!

1 Thank madluv77