“Great casual restaurant with waterside view.”

Phillippi Creek Village Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Ranked #44 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great casual restaurant with waterside view.”
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We ate here on 11/9/12 and really enjoyed our meal. The restaurant is very casual with benches and booths but it offers great waterfront dining. It reminds me of old time seafood restaurants in coastal towns. They keep things simple but offer good quality food. My wife ate the fried shrimp dinner. The shrimp were extra large, lightly breaded, and cooked perfectly. I had the stuffed, broiled shrimp that was cooked very well too. The stuffing was excellent and had small shrimp and crabmeat mixed with the right amount of seasoning. This restaurant has been in business a long time so they are dong something right serving tourists and locals. A previous reviewer on 11/11/12, Audrey N., was apparently expecting a fine dining experience. I don't know how she could have mistaken Phillippi Creek for fine dining. It is a casual restaurant serving good seafood.

Sarasota
“Would have given it zero stars if I had the option!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I stopped in for lunch on November 11th. The only thing that that was somewhat decent about this place was the iced tea.
The first thing I noticed when I was about to sit down was the cherry stem that was on my chair. We ordered a pot of steamed clams as an appetizer. The clams came in a metal pan that you would see a restaurant use in the back for food storage. Basically it consisted of 12 clams in hot water with chopped celery and pieces of onions. I absolutely love steamed clams and maybe I am used to them being served with garlic in a wine broth but not only was the presentation horrible but they were less than desirable.
For our meals I ordered the fish tacos (snapper) and my husband had the stone crab sandwich along with calamari. The description of the fish tacos sounded like fish tacos I have had everywhere else so I didn't ask the waitress any questions. When she brought them to our table I did not get my flour tortillas with grilled fish, pico and cabbage. There were 3 hard tacos in the shells you buy in a box. The fish was fried and the tacos had some kind of tomato sauce, sour cream from a tube all over the top, guacamole and FETA CHEESE!!! Hmmmm....tacos...and feta? I asked her why the menu didn't say that they were fried and she said that's how they come She ended up getting the fish grilled for me. Obviously they also come grilled or she wouldn't have been able to do that for me!
Long story short, the tacos were terrible and after one bite I was done. Why someone would combine those ingredients together is beyond me. The waitress asked me if I liked them and I said no then she took the full plate of food off our table. She didn't offer to remove them from the bill or even offer to bring me something else! My husband's food was not even mediocre.
We paid the $60 bill (did I mentioned that all we had to drink was iced tea- no alcohol).
I would recommend that unless you want a really greasy, expensive and extremely overpriced meal and poor service you should find another place to eat.
There are so many wonderful restaurants on Sarasota that the $60 would be well spent.

• Visited November 2012
Florida
“Awesome views, good food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We love going to Phillippi Creek Restaurant. The views are wonderful. Food is good and plentiful. The ambience is perfect for a casual evening out or lunch with friends.

Visited August 2012
Pickerington, Ohio
“Good Food .... Vacation atmosphere”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

On our girls trip we had a late lunch here and the food was great. There was a nice selection on the menu, including a nice chicken breast dinner if you don't want seafood. They also had a potent pineapple martini. The staff was friendly and the decor is what I call a vacation atmosphere. It's nice to sit outside and be near the water to watch for manatees.

• Visited October 2012
Mississauga, Canada
“Casual eating”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Have been going to PCOB 20+ years, nothing much changes food is excellent, service pleasant,
prices reasonable, good margaritas, hush puppies come with many meals. good selection os desserts
although we never make it that far. Not hard to find plenty parking.

• Visited October 2012