“Captain Brian Really does Fish and the Fish is all Freash Catch”

Captain Brian's Seafood Market
Ranked #101 of 1,063 Restaurants in Sarasota
Description: Captain Brian's Seafood Market & Restaurant is your local source for the freshest seafood in town. Let us prepare one of our Fresh Market Catch specials for you, or visit our Market and take it home. Our fresh Market Specials change daily and include lobster, fresh Florida jumbo shrimp, New England flounder and much, much more. Established in 1984, we bring fresh catches in daily and also have air shipments flown in everyday. Our other specialties include a live lobster tank, salad bar, the largest choice of fresh fish anywhere in the area, seafood platters for your party and fish and chips to go. Stop in today soon to see the fresh catches we just brought in.
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Well, I have eaten Fresh Fish all over Sarasota and I say with authority and experience that this restaurant does it all very well.The salad bar is Fresh, the Fish Delicious, and Captain Brian really is an Angler, Knows his business from A thru Z and you will enjoy whatever you buy to take home and cook or relax, and get great service and eat their. P.S. They Clean Up After You too :)

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I took my wife here for her Birthday Dinner and she was surprised twice: First for not being able to guess where she was going and the second time for the how Large and Fresh Delicious her Lobster was.

1  Thank Eddie E
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Couldn't' be more convenient when you need a good meal after traveling for hours. Try the grouper and/or fried shrimp.

1  Thank kag55
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've been eating at Captain Brian's for over 20 years. Why I haven't written a review until now is a paradox. On one hand I don't want to have to share this wonderful place with more people than I really have to; on the other hand I want Brian to be so successful that I never have to worry if his restaurant and market will survive. Well after 20 years i think the later is OK so here for the masses of residents and tourists alike is one of Sarasota's gems.

If you come here or live here on the Suncoast of Florida, fresh fish should be a major part of your culinary intake. Well Captain Brian's has been dishing out some of the freshest and tastiest seafood this side of Boston. The fare here is a combination of locally caught species and those flown in from the north to satisfy all those varied tastes. From Grouper, Snapper and Mahi-Mahi from just offshore to Swordfish from Block Island, Ipswich Belly Clams and more cold water lobsters than you can engulf.

The Seafood chowder is a real special dish, loaded with fish and potatoes in a great cream base. The Stone Crab claws, when in season are some of the sweetest you can find. The salad bar is always filled with not only the standard list of items, but such wonderful tidbits as marinated herring, coleslaw, and a selection of dressings guaranteed to satisfy anyone's taste.

The prices are more than reasonable, the service is always attentive and the atmosphere of a real Florida seafood institution is worth the trip and possible wait for a table. This is a must try for visitors and a definite once a month place for those of us lucky enough to live here in Paradise.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Ate here during one night trip on business. This restaurant is directly across Tamiami Trl from the Hilton Garden Inn and close in to Sarasota Airport. I was very happy with the Haddock - had broiled with lightly seasoned breadcrumbs - fresh, nice size helping and very good. My associate had the Crab and it was not to his liking - but restaurant sure made up for this by only charging him for the salad bar. Salad bar, by the way, is limited but all tasty. Atmosphere is casual; night we went was busy but served right away, very friendly. Oh, and did I mention they have Amber Bock on tap at $2.75 for 16oz? Now, really, how can you argue with that? If staying near airport and want to try a good local seafood restaurant, think you will be happy with Captain Brians.