“Portions are huge!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Visited Yoder's last week. At 4:30 we waited about 25 minutes in line. But the food comes fast. Even the fried chicken. The chicken was ok, but not all that flavorful. The fried okra and mashed potatoes were great. My husband had fried chicken liver, dressing and okra. The liver was a bit undercooked for my taste but had good flavor. The dressing was delicious. The pies are amazing. I took one home and it is huge. They go fast so go early. And bring your appetite. Service was fast and friendly. Nice place.

1  Thank AlanaAug
Write a ReviewReviews (2,181)

Reviewed May 10, 2014

This was recommended to us by a sales associate at one of the mall's - it was a great choice. Friendly atmosphere and great food. Chocolate cake is to die for - enough for some to take home and enjoy another time.

1  Thank KR825
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I'm an English lover of American food and I'm fortunate enough to visit Sarasota every year with my family. Having heard so much about Yoder's famous pies (and watched Man V Food wax lyrical about it) I finally managed to persuade everyone to stop in pick up some desert. There's six of us and we each picked up a slice of something different to make sure we got to sample all the delights. I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I was. Everything is just style over substance. It all looks so appetising but has absolutely no flavour at all, it's just sugary and bland. I so wanted this to be great but I think some people on here are so overawed by the appearance of the food that they forgot to activate their taste buds! Check it out for yourself but don't believe the hype.

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Not fancy...but super tasty for sure! Well worth any wait. Service was super.

Salad was fresh and fulfilling. Fresh bread was good. I had the Monday PulledPork special. Took half of the small portion home with me. Best ever.

My dad had the meatloaf...he swears it is the best in the world.

My Wife had garlic chicken and baked sweet potato. Very good. The chicken was moist and most delicious. The potato was sweetened by brown sugar. An added plus.

YodersAmishVillage, Public Relations Manager at Yoder's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

I'm so happy you checked us out! :)
Thanks for a great review.
~Shannon Emrich

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We found this via Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try, largely because of the pies!

There was a 30 minute wait at about 6pm on Monday because it is so popular.

The food was fantastic, and huge portions.

Highly recommend the Shoofly pie.

Thanks so much for visiting us!
Happy you enjoyed everything.
~Shannon Emrich