“The Best Tasting Food Yet!”
Review of Yoder's Restaurant

Yoder's Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 1,148 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Not fancy...but super tasty for sure! Well worth any wait. Service was super.

Salad was fresh and fulfilling. Fresh bread was good. I had the Monday PulledPork special. Took half of the small portion home with me. Best ever.

My dad had the meatloaf...he swears it is the best in the world.

My Wife had garlic chicken and baked sweet potato. Very good. The chicken was moist and most delicious. The potato was sweetened by brown sugar. An added plus.

YodersAmishVillage, Public Relations Manager at Yoder's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

I'm so happy you checked us out! :)
Thanks for a great review.
~Shannon Emrich

Write a ReviewReviews (2,236)

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We found this via Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try, largely because of the pies!

There was a 30 minute wait at about 6pm on Monday because it is so popular.

The food was fantastic, and huge portions.

Highly recommend the Shoofly pie.

Thanks so much for visiting us!
Happy you enjoyed everything.
~Shannon Emrich

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Chicken was good, not great. mashed potatoes were also good. But without a doubt, the peanut butter cream pie was the star of the show.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Prices are moderate. Portions are not.
If you visit Yoder's in "the season," the winter months when Sarasota's population doubles, expect long lines at conventional mealtimes. There's a reason: the food really is that good. It is not the usual nuked frozen stuff that comparably priced restaurants usually dish up. It is what home-style was fifty or a hundred years ago. Oh nuts! Thinking about the meals I've had there in the past has made me want to head right over there--and I just finished breakfast!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

The Yoder's market is FRESH crispy veggies.

So, what to serve in the home-style cookin' Yoder's??? Canned green beans. Soft, squishy beans from a large can. Horrible, just horrible.

Also, the Kitchen or the waitress thought putting freshly cooked fried okra on top of old cold and gummy once fried okra that sat in a dish was a good idea. The top was great and then the next layer was horrible. Horrible!

I had the Country Chicken Fried Steak. It was not battered at all. It was maybe pressed hamburger and then corn mealed and fried. The gravy was EXCELLENT.

The 2 bread slices were tops.

The waitress messed up a simple iced tea 2 times.

So, if you want to put gravy on a piece of bread with half a serving of acceptable okra, go there.

I had to suppose the meal was the owner's fault. The waitress tried and did fix what she could. I tipped 25%.

YodersAmishVillage, Public Relations Manager at Yoder's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you for leaving a review. I'm sorry to hear your experience was not a pleasant one. We do use canned green beans, yes. This is only because so many of our customers prefer them this way. However, we do offer a verity of other fresh sides that you can choose from as well. It is always our goal that customers leave our doors with a great overall Yoder's experience; we would have loved the opportunity to fix your concern while you were here. Please do not hesitate to tell us if something is not right the moment you feel it in the future. I do hope you give us another chance to serve you again.
Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts,
Shannon Emrich