“Well made comfort food!”
Review of Yoder's Restaurant

Yoder's Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 1,051 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed January 31, 2014

When I feel like mashed potatoes and gravy, fried chicken, meat loaf, this is the place I head to. In "high season" there is usually a line if you go right at lunch or dinner time, so think about having early dinner, or late lunch. The food is made the old fashioned way, with real butter, cream; very little attention paid to calories. It's really the kind of food eaten when there was still work to do in the fields, garden, etc. You'll take home left overs for later.

Delicious pies, lots of bread, gravy, are available. I buy the pies for holiday gifts, but think about ordering in advance.

2  Thank Deborah H
YodersAmishVillage, Public Relations Manager at Yoder's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

I love hearing from our regulars. :)
Thanks for the great review. :)
See ya soon.

There are newer reviews for Yoder's Restaurant

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We ate here with two friends who recommended this local spot for their comfort food. The fried chicken was very good and way too much for me to eat. My wife enjoyed her country fried steak as well. The best part, however, was the delicious coconut cream pie. We shared a piece and it was plenty. We bought some cookies off our trip back home to Acworth, Ga. Wow! Snickerdoodles were wonderful. If in Sarasota and missing home cooking, this is your place.

I'm so happy you got to check us out and hope you get a chance to visit again, soon!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Great traditional food with basic flavors and very yummy! Don't forget the Peanut Butter Mousse, very good, though the pies looked great as well.

YodersAmishVillage, Public Relations Manager at Yoder's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thanks for stopping by!
Hope you visit us agian next time you are up our way.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We were asked to lunch from friends and it was their time to choose the restaurant. They wanted us to experience a true Amish tradition and Yoder's was their choice. We went for lunch and were immediately faced with a 15 minute wait at 1115 in the morning. We were told that as long as the establishment is open there is always a waiting line. The food was great, fresh turkey, served warm on the sandwiches, baked ham served warm as well, their signature fried chicken, a great selection of sides to have with whatever you order, from scratch soups, even the coffee was so fresh you could actually drink it. The establishment was very clean and all of the help was extremely accommodating. It is doubtful that you would have room for a whole dessert after any meal served, but make sure you order one anyway and take the rest of it home. Their pies are like nothing else you have seen, all made from scratch and big portions.

1  Thank Rick M

I'm so happy your friends brought you to dine with us. :)
Glad you enjoyed...
Hope you visit us again, soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have heard of Yoder's, but this is the first time we took the hour and a half long drive down to Sarasota to try it out. We waited approx an hour to get in, the line was out the door at 1pm on a Thursday afternoon. Lots of the local Amish were eating there too. The portions are huge! My husband and I got the fried chicken... it is the best chicken I have ever had, lightly breaded and oh so juicy... did I mention HUGE portions... my daughter had the meatloaf and mashed potatoes, we all brought home half of our meals, and we got the "small" portion of chicken. The corn cakes side were amazing.... they were actually pancakes with corn in them, served with butter and syrup. Then there was the pies.... I had the peanut butter creme, yummy, my husband had the chocolate cake and daughter got the coconut creme.... we all brought home half of those too. We will go back as often as possible. The service was terrific, prices are very reasonable. You also must visit the gift shop and the Fresh market on either side of the restaurant. This restaurant was also featured on Man vs. Food on the food network... you know it's gotta be good!!

2  Thank Diane C
YodersAmishVillage, Public Relations Manager at Yoder's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

I'm so happy you took the time to check us out.
I loved reading your review. It's always nice to hear we are doing things right.
Looking forward till the next time you make it here.