“biscuits n gravy to die for”
Review of Yoder's Restaurant

Yoder's Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 1,051 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed November 16, 2013

i am embarrassed to say i live 15 minutes away from here but have not dined at yoders in a long time. it always has had a wonderful reputation throughout the years. we went there for breakfast today and i now want to kick myself for not going there more often. we were almost scared away by the line of folks waiting to get in , but the line moved quickly...there is a GOOD reason for the lines...the food is outstanding and the service is great....enjoy!

YodersAmishVillage, Public Relations Manager at Yoder's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Awe!
Love that you stopped in to see us.
Now, please don't be a stranger! ;)

There are newer reviews for Yoder's Restaurant

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Three of us had a fabulous breakfast. Started with sweet roll split 3 ways. Could have stopped but didn't. Corn beef hash was the best. One piece of the apple fritter French toast was yummy and definitely enough for two. We were told lunch is even better. That's a tall order but will definitely return and try it. Got some goodies from the reasonably priced market as well!

Thanks for checking us out, so glad you had a great breakfast.
Looking forward to seeing you again, soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Visited Yoder's whilst on a family holiday in Sarasota.Really was excellent, staff were super friendly and helpful, restaurant felt very homely and welcoming. As we visited on a Friday, the fried chicken that Yoder's is famous for was not being served - so had chicken fingers and onion rings instead. Onion rings were so light and literally melted in the mouth and the chicken was perfectly cooked - succulent and really tasty.

The portions were enormous! I only ordered one side (as I had been pre-warned by family who had visited before!) and this was more than enough, I specifically saved room for pie. After much deliberation, settled on the pumpkin cheesecake which was light and fresh and absolutely gorgeous. You can really tell how much time and effort and care goes into Yoder's cooking.

Would not hesitate to return.

Thank for the kind words. :)
Please visit us again if you are ever in the Sarasota area.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Let me get this out first before I forget. The Strawberry at Yoder's is AMAZING! It's really fresh, the crust is home made, and the whipped cream is the best I have had on a strawberry pie. Ok, now that thats out of the way, this place is authentic. Being in an around Lancaster county, PA the amish there are really good people and the food is always really good. Yoder's is really close to that. We waited a little while to get in, there was a crowd when we got there. They give you home made bread and apple butter. I have never had apple butter, and after having it here, i'm now a fan. We ordered the open faced roast beef sandwich and the fried chicken. I would definitely recommend the roast beef. It was really flavorful and cook really well. The chicken was good too, not the best I have ever had but it was also really flavorful. I enjoy a good piece of fried chicken but I enjoyed the roast beef more. They also have a market filled with a lot of sweets and goodness. I was nervous about eating here because I have heard and read that it was a popular tourist spot since Man vs. Food was there but it was still a quality meal. His picture is everywhere in there. I think it's their claim to fame. OH! And they give you a lot of food. The only thing that was disappointing about our visit was I just knew they had good baked mac-n-cheese but it was more like cheesy mac. Other than than. Great visit.

YodersAmishVillage, Public Relations Manager at Yoder's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us.
It's great to hear that you enjoyed your visit.
Hope you stop by again next time you in our area.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Found this Amish Village by accident. Which had a fresh produce market gift shop restaurant and deli. Stopped in while traveling from Ocala to Cape Coral ate at Yoders. The staff were very friendly and the food was excellent. I had the fried chicken special and hubby had the stuffed cabbage special. Both diners were very good homemade and very fresh,portions large. Couldn't leave without taking fresh pies and cakes back with us.

Thanks for checking us out and leaving a great review!
Visit again next time you're our way!