“Wonderful pies” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yoder's Restaurant

Yoder's Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 1,026 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Dutch
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Wonderful pies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were visiting American friends and I asked if we can go and try the food after seeing it featured on TV. It was amazing, I ordered fried chicken and mash potatoes, I have never tasted mash like it. And there was so much chicken I had to do the doggie bag thing. The staff were very friendly and laughed when I ordered the sugar free apple pie topped with whipped cream, it has to be the best apple pie I have tasted. I really enjoyed the whole meal and would have loved to go back to try their breakfasts..

Visited July 2013

• Indonesian first
Fort Myers, Florida
“A Great Value and The Best Peanut Butter Pie!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

You could sense the customer loyalty from the 30 min plus wait to get seated. The menu had a nice variety for just about every taste. The food was tasty and a great value, though I would have liked my Southern Fried Chicken to be a bit warmer. The highlight of the meal was undoubtedly the Peanut Butter Cream Pie! Great texture and above all flavor! There were some errors with the orders, but overall it was handled very well.

Visited July 2013
Winter Park, Florida
“Great breakfast and pies too!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Went here for breakfast and found the food was so good we had to return for dinner. For breakfast, I had the sausage and oinion skillet with the eggs done over medium. My son had the home made corned beef hash with his eggs scrambled. What a great breakfast and very filling too! The apple butter was so good I bought a jar to take home. My son's corned beef hash was almost a breakfast in itself. Some good hash! Biscuits were large and filling also.

We returned for dinner the following evening. My wife had the chopped beef steak, I had the pan fried chicken and my son had the crab cakes. The chicken was moist as advertised and it got even juicier closer to the bone. Good fried chicken. My wifes chopped steak was cooked to the requested medium and was covered with delicious dark brown gravy. The crab cakes were also good. To stuffed to sample them.

The pies we took back to the hotel were so good. The best I sampled was the strawberry rhubarb and the dutch apple crumb. Both were so good I might make anothe trip to sarasota to get more. I must admit that the peanut butter cream is not for everybody. My wife loved it but I, on the other hand, prefer the dutch apple crumb!

• Visited July 2013
Bradenton, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food & pies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

One of the unique restaurants you have to visit if in Sarasota. I love their pressure cooked chicken and always have to have a slice of one of their awesome pies.

• Visited January 2013
daytona beach
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had high hopes for this restaurant after reading online reviews. All I can say is it is average food served in huge quantities by very pleasant servers.

• Visited July 2013