“Best Fried Chicken!!”

Yoder's Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Dutch
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Odessa
“Best Fried Chicken!!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We live about an hour north of Yoder's. We kept seeing it featured on the Food Network and Travel Channel shows so we decided to check it out for ourselves. It was definitely worth the drive. They have the best fried chicken I've ever had. The pieces are huge! One breast is equivalent to 2 anywhere else. The meat is juicy and tender, and the breading is light and flavorful. The mac-n-cheese was very cheesy and creamy. If your lucky enough to go on a day when they're serving beets, get them! You won't be disappointed. Now....the pies. We ordered 2 different slices to try for dessert: coconut cream and strawberry rhubard. The strawberry rhubard was the best out of those two. We also brought home individual slices of peanut butter pie (the best out of all them hands down), fresh peach pie and blueberry pie. Don't get me wrong, they were all good but the peanut butter pie is just special. If you're going on the weekend, stay away from the traditional lunch and dinner hours unless you want to wait in line for up to an hour! Parking is a challenge at peak times too. They also have a great gift shop on premises with lots of hand made and unique items. They also have a farmers market on premises for fresh fruits and vegetables and some other items they make and sell there. Sorry I can't give you more insight as to the other dishes but we are so in love with the fried chicken, we never order anything else!

• Visited September 2012
YodersAmishVillage, Public Relations Manager at Yoder's Restaurant, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your heartfelt review, it touched us!
We look forward to seeing you again!!!

• Indonesian first
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Lots of (good) food for the price”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My Dad recommended this place and we were glad he did. Heard their fried chicken is a specialty and so ordered it. Was not disappointed since it was perhaps the best ever. Would only order a two piece lunch next time though as there was no way I could finish three large pieces (plus sides of homemade mashed potatoes, etc). Prices were excellent for the quality of the food. The only downside is that there is always a line...out the door. We waited about 30 minutes (and that was at 2 pm) but it was worth it.

• Visited January 2013
YodersAmishVillage, Public Relations Manager at Yoder's Restaurant, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Happy to hear we were worth the wait!!!
Hope to serve you again, soon!!!
Belle River, ON
“Yoder's in Sarasota is the BEST!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

OMG!!!!! We went for breakfast this morning, and lets put it this way - I was so impressed with the food, portions and service, I asked the waitress if they rented rooms there -> I wanted to move in ;-) We arrived to a line up that was out the door, but because we had a party of 2, we were seated almost immediately. Not to worry about the others in line ahead of us, as they were seated within 10 minutes. Next we met the BEST waitress we've ever had: Jean. I don't know if all Yoder's staff are as attentive to their customers, but Jean even offered me a coffee to take with me when we were ready to leave. Now onto the food: holy GI-NORMOUS portions! I had a single bisquit and sausage gravy - yeah right: It filled a whole dinner plate! My husband had the bacon and eggs: it came with 5 slices of bacon, and the best home-made rye bread. He also ordered a slice of the raspberry stuffed french toast .....One word: Decadent! We split it because it was almost 3' thick, and had to have a cup of raspberry preserves and creme cheese in it. Oh, and don't forget to try some of the apple butter. This is the first time that I needed a take-home box for breakfast leftovers! I must say the I was a little weary about this place as I read some negative reviews, along with the positive ones, on the 'net, that said the food was bland and over-priced, That couldn't be further from the truth. Besides, the place was packed this morning, so if anything could go wrong, now would be the time. And yet we had a perfect experience.

• Visited February 2013
Thank you so much for your rave review on us.
We are so happy to hear that everything was outstanding, and we hope to serve you again!!!
New Port Richey, Florida
“Good Lunch”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had a good lunch with everything being what we expected and we all enjoyed. The service, food and staff were what we expected. The meals came promptly were hot.

Visited March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us!
Happy to hear everything was great!!!
Bradenton, Florida
“Unbelievable!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had the meatloaf with mashed potatoes and corn muffins. It was the best meatloaf I've ever had and cant' say anything but good things about the corn muffins and potatoes. For dessert we had the Peanut butter cream pie...It was to die for! With everything I had I don't think you can go wrong with anything at Yoders!

• Visited January 2013
YodersAmishVillage, Public Relations Manager at Yoder's Restaurant, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the super awesome review!!!
So happy you loved us, and it would be a pleasure to serve you agian!!!!