“Yoder's is very good but a little pricy”
Review of Yoder's Restaurant

Yoder's Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 1,097 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I get that everything is homemade but I think its a little expensive for what it is. If I was going to pay that much for food I would probably go somewhere that I could order something I wouldnt make at home. But the food is delicious

Write a ReviewReviews (2,180)

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have never had bad food at Yoders. THe food is always fresh home cooking and not a bunch of processed foods. The PIE is AMAZING and is really the #1 reason we go. Nothing else compares.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

After seeing Yoder's on food network, we had to try it. The line to get in was out the door, but we were impressed with how quickly we moved through the line and were seated. Though the restaurant is small, the service is fantastic and customers are seated and served quickly despite the large number of guests.

Everyone in our party ordered the chicken along with different sides. Our entrees were good, but all of our party being from the south, we agreed that our mothers could cook this same southern meal at home. If you aren't from the south or no longer get home cooked southern meals, this would be a great place for you to eat. However, if you are from the south and regularly eat your own southern cooking, this is the same type food you can get at home.

However, the desserts were definitely worth the trip. We each ordered a different slice of pie...amazing! All of them were delicious, but the peanut butter chocolate pie is what dreams are made of. If you go to Yoder's, be sure to get dessert. I'll be back for the pie!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

The pies here are homemade and always delicioius. Featured on the Travel Channel, their fried chicken dishes are huge and great! I had the special ham and escalloped potatoes. It was good, but I would order something different next time. Can be crowded in tourist season.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just go you will enjoy the whole place the food the servers the boss the whole place is perfect for breakfast and lunch closes at 3 but at least eat the breakfast and get an omlette which gives you the little basket of danish, just like othe old days in the Wolfies/Morrisons/Pumpernicks. Take my word for it, its fab!!!