“Very good food, you can have chef cook for you or sit and order in very comfortable area”

Saga Japanese Steak House
Ranked #516 of 1,071 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Best sushi in Sarasota, incredibly fresh. Great entertainment when the chef cooks in front of you. Excellent food and noticeably fresh. I live in sarasota and it's the only place I go when we have visitors from out of town.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Very expensive and just so-so entrees. They other couple with us said the sushi was great. They had 8 items, salad, we had entrees: eel & rice with miso soup for me and teriakie chicken & rice with some other soup. Bill was $158.

1  Thank Rosemary C
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I live in the area and used to be closer to Joto's on Siesta Key. We often ordered dinner to go from their menu and it was great. Now that we are closer to Saga, I decided to give them a try. Didn't have time to sit at a restaurant, just wanted to pick something up and eat at home. I called and placed an order for filet mignon and shrimp teppanyaki style. The next question really stumbled me "How do you want your shrimp cooked?". What? Shouldn't you be asking how I want my steak cooked? I said I am ordering teppanyaki combo. He said ok, it will be ready in 25 min. I gave him my phone and name. I arrived at the restaurant but when I said I am here to pick up my order, I got "we do not do combinations to go". Couldn't you tell me that over the phone and I placed the order??? "I couldn't hear you very well over the phone". Yes, you did and you heard me well. You even asked a stupid question about the shrimp. The answer as to why they do not do combinations to go was even more bizarre. "It is more work for the chef". Really??? Don't say. OMG, a chef who actually has to cook 2 different things at the same time, which they do all the time in front of the audience. And he couldn't call me back at the number I left to let me know so I don't bother to drive there or ever order again??

1  Thank SRQ_ova
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went on a week day night and had a hobichi table all to ourselves. We ordered the steak and salmon, and it was cooked perfectly with a wonderful flavor. We did find it expensive for a meal but them most Japenese Steak Houses get a good bit for their dinners due to the experience and freshness of everything. Service was very good as well. We walked by a cool looking new Irish Pub next door too, will have to check that out!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Nice meal but expensive ! Waited about 15 minutes to be seated and we were led to a dining room with five empty tables.

1  Thank Bluelake8213