“Excellent seafood” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bonefish Grill - Sarasota University Parkway
Ranked #134 of 1,026 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Parsippany, NJ
“Excellent seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We visited here with a group while on vacation from New Jersey and requested three separate checks - the server was more than happy to oblige. I found that to be surprisingly convenient, since we never do this at home. The food was excellent: my husband enjoyed the lobster tails, and I loved the Chilean Sea bass dish. Would not hesitate to visit there again.

Visited October 2012

Bradenton, Florida
“Horrible! Went home and had a bowl of cereal”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We have been going to Bonefish Grill since they opened their first restaurant in St. Petersburg FL many years ago. I have no problem with the food or the service. Both are always good. However, what I have a problem with is the way they rush you in and out. We have been going to this particular location since they opened several years ago because it is close to our house. All they care about is turnovers. I ALWAYS have to pace our wait/resse/ers. Tonight we were with another couple and I did not. What did we get??? Our entree 30 seconds after we got our salad and NO bread before either. That is ridiculous. This is a food factory. I immediately got up and brought my entree to the hostess stand, dropped it there and asked for the manager. He tried to blame the server but I would have nothing to do with it. He brought me a gift certificate but I would not accept it. Told him my only hope is that they would reevaluate their business plan and allow their customers to PACE THEMSELVES. It will be a LOOOOOOONG time before I ever return to this Bonefish location. Sad because I like the ambiance at this location but I have had enough of the rush you in and out mentality.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Bernie B
Alberta, Canada
“The best of the best for sea-food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Even fussy Consumers' Report lists the Bonefish Grill chain as one of the best in the USA. Wish we had some in Canada! Easy to get to, with a reasonable number of parking spots. Everything we had (party of 4 adults) was delicious, speedily served by charming, efficient staff.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Professional-Pilgrim
Bradenton, Florida
“Always good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Can't go wrong with anything on the menu. It can get expensive if you drink but the value is good otherwise.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank B L
Toronto, Canada
“Go For the Seafood But Make Sure You Save Room for Dessert!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Wow. It's not often I don't have a lot of words but, as my husband just said, from the appetizer to the entree to the dessert, everything was fantastic. When we are going to have a more expensive meal, we typically shy away from chains, however, we were tired and hungry and thought we'd give Bonefish a try. Wow. There was a wait so we sat at the bar. We were immediately approached and served by Chris who was attentive, friendly and made sure to ask (and remember) our names. We had the coconut shrimp as an appetizer while at the bar and it was excellent. We each had a special - I had Atlantic swordfish with pumpkin ravioli and my husband had orange roughy with crab - we shared and were both very impressed. The crab was the freshest, sweetest I have had in a long time. But.........honestly, the best part of the meal was the dessert. My husband had Jamaican coconut cream pie - I have never had anything like it and won't be leaving Sarasota until I have it again. The pie was mostly coconut, it was warm and had a warm rum sauce with whipped cream. I had key lime pie with a pecan crust and it was wonderful.

Top marks all around for this restaurant!

• Visited September 2012