“Excellent Italian in Sarasota”

Demetrios' Restaurant & Pizza
Ranked #155 of 1,071 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Atmosphere is casual. Good prices. We enjoyed spaghetti w/meat sauce and spinach pie. Pinot Noir for drinks. Meals came with salad and garlic bread. Service is prompt and efficient. Arrive early as the restaurant fills quickly during tourist season. Highly recommend.

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Food was ok, that is, ok until my husband found a long hair melted through the cheese of our pizza. My calzone had to be made twice. The second time it was not cooked so it sat on my plate untouched. Our waitress never bothered to come back until she dropped off the check, at that point it was lets just leave. Guess I'll have to cook my food at home. Seating arrangements are HORRIBLE! I didn't expect to have someones chair right up to the back of mine and on the side of me trying not to hit elbows. Closed in tightly on my husband's side of the table too so no one could slouch or relax comfortably. All afraid to bump into a stranger trying to eat while you're trying to eat. I wouldn't put myself through that experience again.

1  Thank xXscullyXx
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stopped by the new location on University and Lockwood Ridge ( The old Friendly's Resturant). They only opened a couple of days ago. I have not always had great experiences going to newly opened restaurants because they haven't worked out the kinks. I have to say the really had it together. This Local family has been in successful in the Resturant business for some time. The Food quality was top notch and a really full menu with Italian and Greek favorites. I had the Eggplant Rollatini and a greek salad. They also had a full service bar. There prices were very reasonable and the Service Excellent.

3  Thank SarasotaBoy
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Had dinner here on a Monday night with my wife, 2 boys (3 1/2 and almost 6) and parents. My parents are regulars here and are known by most of the staff, which makes it feel like a family restaurant. That made an immediate difference. As a parent of two who are short on patience, my highlight was that there were two dishes of buttered pasta shells waiting for them as soon as we sat down. So instead of having two boys whining while we tried to decide what to get, I had two kids happily devouring (free!) pasta. Good start. If you love my kids, you love me. Garlic bread came immediately upon ordering as well. Pizza took a while, but it was worth the wait and the large two-topping easily fed all four adults and the almost 6 year old. This is a great alternative to the chains, a place with good food, a good atmosphere and knows how to take care of the kiddos.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had a pepperoni, meatball, mushroom and onion pizza. Good but I didn't care for the "Bisquick" style tasting crust. We ordered a medium and was the size of a large. My wife enjoyed the greek side salad (lots of feta cheese). All with a mug of beer and glass of wine, $28.