“1,000,001 Crab Cakes Sold”

Barnacle Bill's Seafood
Ranked #246 of 1,071 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

On my first day in Sarasota, the sign claiming over a million crab cakes sold made me stop. There were 3 of us. We sat at the bar and the friendly bar tender offers drinks which were well served and prompt. We indicated we wanted to eat and she informed us that if we waited 20 minutes, we could have the early bird dinner menu... We figured, might as well. The green salad was crisp, cool and refreshing. The fresh bread warm and appealing. But, when I bit into what was one of the most amazing things I ever have put into my my mouth, I fully understood why the can claim over 1,000,000 sold. The consistency was chunky pieces of crab with and golden brown finish. I truly enjoyed the whole meal (opted for the baked potato). My friend really enjoyed there New England Clam chowder and seafood steam pot. Was a great way to star a week of exquisite dining experiences in the Sarasota area. Will definitely be returning when I am in the area again. Parking was ample. Well situated. Will have the Alaskan King Crab they fly in daily next time!!!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We visit Florida twice a year and every time we make sure to visit Barnacle Bill's at least once and usually twice a trip. They have the best crab legs anywhere period. They are fresh and melt in your mouth delicious. The $50 price tag is more than worth the amount and quality that you get here. This is our favorite restaurant in the area and cannot recommend it highly enough. They always accommodate our large party without a length wait and the service is usually pretty good. They have an extensive menu and besides the crab legs I recommend the crab cakes and the Grouper Oscar. We have never been disappointed by Barnacle Bills which gets its crab legs from the Deadliest Catch crew. They also cut the crab legs for you which makes things nice and easy, a nice little touch from this fantastic restaurant.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Very good restaurant - huge selection of food & beer on their menus!. Great happy hour prices for speciality beers. Five star service! We had the Seafood Strudel & Seafood Gumbo & both were absolutely delicious! Can't wait to go back to the gulf coast again, we will definitely eat here again. Check out their website:

Barnacle Bill's North was the one visited.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

You know that slightly less than pleasant smell with crab legs? If you ever had them at a casino you do. These ain't them. These were 100% perfect. The $10 crab cake was the best I ever bought. What a meal!

2  Thank RoughWaterMarine
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We popped into this seafood restaurant on a Saturday night and was pleasantly surprised at the abundance of food choices. The atmosphere is casual and the prices excellent. My guest and I had the Maine lobster tail which included one side item. It was sweet and tender and a bargain at $19.99, although it would've been nice if it included a small dinner salad. Fresh baked bread served piping hot was also included. Prior to our meal we enjoyed Happy Hour at the bar with a glass of wine priced at less than $4.

1  Thank GigiFoxx