“Very clean and well stocked buffet”
Review of Sweet Tomatoes

Sweet Tomatoes
Ranked #98 of 1,066 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I get a coupon in the Sunday paper. I frequent the one on University pkwy. the food is very good here. the salad is cold and fresh and the hot food is hot. the baked potato is wonderful and they have real butter. hope they don't stop serving real butter like other places.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We really loved the fresh veggies at the Sweet Tomato. In addition we enjoyed the various fresh lemonades, soups, and desserts. A must visit for lunch where your can eat as much or as little as you would like. The service was quick and the staff, friendly and responsive.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

When we walked in, we were welcomed by a greeter, who engaged us in conversation (not necessary, I just wanted to get my food, but it gave the guy a job). The salad bar is fresh and extensive, with everything from beets to spring greens to croutons and a variety of dressings. You pay after you get salad, and it is unbelievably reasonable. $22 for a family of 3 is hard to beat. But it doesn't stop there. There is a bread section with cornbread, banana muffins, focaccia, and pizza. The pasta section has mac and cheese (my favorite) penne or something with marinara. There is a huge section for soups too. But now that you're about to explode, there's dessert. Chocolate, vanilla, or sugar free vanilla soft serve, strawberry gelatin, mousse, and more. And the BEST OF ALL, a delicious fudge brownie muffin with actual melted chocolate chips. They also have brewed teas and fountain drinks. Now let me warn you, this is not a place for low fat eating :) We actually witnessed a woman filling a 16 oz water glass with ice cream... Definitely my favorite place.

3  Thank Remy C
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Good, friendly service, delicious food, a clean place, what more do you need? We had a large party, including a baby. They quickly set up accommodations and oh man the food was so good. The salad ingredients were fresh, the black bean chili was great, and so was the cream of cauliflower soup. Yummy corn muffins and great fresh pineapple!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

It starts out as a salad bar, but there is so much more. There is soup, spaghetti, breads, desserts and more. My friend did not like salads so did not want to go with us, however, he found plenty to eat once we got there. It is a serve yourself and there are more choices than one can realistically eat. I'll go back again. The one thing that I wish were different is that there are no directions or signs on what else there is besides salad, so we filled up our plate on lettuce salad just to find that there was a lot of other choices and our belly is only so big! There are often coupons to take in the local papers and fliers that can save you a bit of money.