“Pleasant stay”

Comfort Suites Sarasota
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed January 2, 2014

we stayed 2 nights at this hotel in a queen suite. although the pull-out couch did help with us being able to spread out (4 adults), the pull-out couch was not the most comfortable to say the least. The 2 queen beds were comfortable with pillow choices to make it even better. The room was very clean, internet was free and fast, bathroom had all amenities. Breakfast was OK. We were disappointed in the scrambled eggs ... they were more like egg pellets of some kind than real eggs. thankfully there were also cold hard boiled eggs. They were out of OJ though which is a breakfast must-have and although they had a dispenser for cinammon waffle mix it was empty at 8 am and never refilled. So all in all, a solid place to stay for a few nights.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank wudy77
Nick M, General Manager at Comfort Suites Sarasota, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Wudy77,

Thank you for staying with us at the New Comforts Suites Sarasota. I appreciate you taking the time to share about your recent stay. The details you shared are very important to future travelers to the New Comfort Suites Sarasota. I apologize the breakfast didn’t meet your expectations. I have addressed the items you mentioned and taken steps to ensure it does not happen to future guests. I look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Overall it wasn't to bad. Lobby is quite nice and the built in saltwater tank just sets off the whole room. There are stairs you can take but it's so hot in there it's hard to breath, the only option is to wait for the one elevator to arrive to your floor. As for customer service, the front desk was pretty much the only employees who spoke English so there was a language barrier. There is nothing more frustrating then searching for an English speaking employee for a darn towel! And for that I more than likely wouldn't stay here again nor recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Tikicurtis1

Tikicurtis1,

Thank you for staying with us at the New Comfort Suites Sarasota! I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations during your visit to Sarasota. I have shared your comments with my leadership team and we have already began to work on it. I hope you will try us out again in the near future.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We spent 5 nights here. The hotel is in a nice area of town and relatively quiet. Rooms were a nice size. There was a couch with ottomans in the room which made it comfortable to watch TV instead of sitting on the bed. The room itself was pretty quiet except you could hear people talking in the hallway. The small LED lights next to the bed was a nice feature. The breakfast was the usual affair. There was always one or two hot foods to choose from. They always had apples and oranges but it would have been nice to have bananas offered every day and least enough to last the whole morning. Complementary coffee is offered all day which is a nice feature. I found the bed to be a little hard which was uncomfortable to me. The lock and latch on our door made our door hard to open and close. I mentioned this to the staff when we checked out. I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MinnesotaVisitor

MinnesotaVisitor,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your visit to the New Comfort Suites Sarasota. I have shared your feedback with my entire staff and the leadership team and will be sure to work on the areas you mentioned. We look forward to your return visit in the near future.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Our soccer team stayed at the hotel for the Super Y National soccer finals. This is a great hotel for sports teams to stay at. The breakfast was delicious with many healthy choices. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Nick the GM of the hotel and Chereka the group sales associate made sure our team was well taken care of. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were spacious and quiet. This hotel is conveniently located to many local attractions in the area. I highly recommend this hotel for sport teams and for families traveling in the area. Our team won the National title and I thank Comfort Suites for taking such great care of our team.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Zoe H

Jeff D,

Thank you for your recent stay at the New Comfort Suites Sarasosta and thank you for the great title “They Have Earned It” Its something the entire teams works hard to achieve. Having a Guest leave happy is our number one goal. I look forward to your third and fourth stays in 2014!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is one of the nicest and friendliest staffed hotels I have ever stayed at. From the front desk to the cleaning staff you are made to feel welcome. The hotel is clean, well kept, convenient, and very fairly priced. This is our second stay at the hotel and will always be our first choice when we are in Sarasota.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jeff D

Jeff D,

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Our second stay at this great hotel. Miriam and her housekeeping crew get the gold star for cleanliness and front desk for friendliness. Chris in maintenance is top notch! Breakfast host Scarleth always had a smile. Will definitely be back and send family and friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank tngirl77

Tngirl77,

It was nice to see you returned for a second visit stay with us at the New Comfort Suites Sarasota. Thank you for naming a few of my team members. I shared your comments with the team and it made them very happy. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in November and found that it lived up to it's reports .Friendly,clean and well managed.The location although not central is very convenient for the I 75 and just an easy drive to Siesta Key.
We dined each night at Geckos,a lively bar/restaurant which we walked to.(quite close and an easy stroll but too much for most Americans!)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BenCheshire

BenCheshire,

Thank you for staying with us at the New Comfort Suties Sarasota! I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent trip to Sarasota on Trip Advisor. I hope you will come back and see us real soon.