“Should be Better”
Review of Jack Dusty

Jack Dusty
Reserve with OpenTable
Jack Dusty is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 1,079 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The lounge and terrace will include craft microbrews, a broad selection of rums and spirits and an array of specialty Sarasota-inspired cocktails made with farm fresh ingredients.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

There's no question that this is a lovely place to sit and relax. The ambience is light, airy, sophisticated and appealing. But the food is ordinary - at least dinner was - and quite disappointing.There were few if any interesting choices on the menu and the specials, while spoken of with the usual fancy-schmantsy restaurant speak, were very uninteresting. The drinks were good although the first had to be returned. It was described as some sort of marguerita with a light touch of mango. It was awful and looked and tasted like frozen orange juice. I would suggest enjoying a cocktail there or a dessert perhaps. It is much too expensive all things considered. I thik one pays for the name of the Ritz Carlton - certainly not the quality of food.

1  Thank poplar311

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband, daughter and I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Sarasota for three nights and breakfast was included for two people each morning. We ate at Jack Dusty each morning and had the best breakfasts we've ever had! My husband ordered the french toast the first morning and liked it so much ("the best french toast ever") he had it the next two mornings in a row. My daughter tried the pancakes, waffles, and french toast and liked all of them. The service was great and the fresh OJ and coffee were fantastic. The breakfast is very expensive, but since most of the meal was covered by the hotel package, it was perfect. We only paid for our daughter's meal. If price isn't a concern, I can't imagine that you'd be disappointed. The decor is beautiful too.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This place is just like every other bar in every Ritz Carlton south of DC. The food is decent. The people all look the same. And the decor is predictable. I wanted to like it. But I will not b back.

1  Thank Cheesedog
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Service here is really good, so that's a plus. However, they are constantly hounding you to drink more so you are likely to leave drunk unless you are like me and are very good at saying NO and meaning it. The food was ok, ceviche acceptable, but lacking some seasonings. My special of the day was quite overcooked with a blah sauce. My hubby said his steak was good but it's hard to ruin steak. My main complaint was the drinks. I am a major mojito lover. I make mojitos at home from scratch with the muddled mint- I'm into authenticity with mojitos. I still think these were from a mix although staff denied it. There was no mint in the glass at all. You could taste it but they claimed the bartender made the drinks by straining out the muddled mint. Really? I saw him put a mix into my drink, some kind of not good bitters and Sprite on top. Sprite? Sprite does not go into mojitos, people. Just wrong. There is a pretty view from the terrace of the restaurant, though and it's pleasantly cool with a sea breeze.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Beautifully decorated, a lot less stuffy than the old Vernona, with a good vibe and a casual atmosphere where everyone seems to be having a good time.
But but but, the food is beyond mediocre, preparation of dishes is uninspired and the flavors are just missing.
Sure, go there and have fun, drink some martinis, have some raw bar, just don't expect good food.

1  Thank jal0519