“Delicious experience”
Review of Mayta’s Peruvian Restaurant - CLOSED

Mayta’s Peruvian Restaurant
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are now permanently CLOSED. Thanks for all the marvelous reviews that we received in the time that we was operating. Wonderful people that we get known, and we will remember with love and gratitude. MAYTAS PERUVIAN RESTAURANT
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

I came the other day with my husband and we enjoyed a wonderful meal, our food was super and the dessert...OMG!!!! Try the crocante de lucuma was different something that I never try before I love it!!!!!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This wonderful, authentic gem is easy to find (located next to a big Publix) and has a wonderful menu of foods and beverages authentic to Peru. The co-owner is a chef and her culinary skills are exceptional: Papita rellena de lomo was this mashed potatoes dish that looked like a soft cloud of potatoes with delicious ground meat, spices and black beans stuffed inside; lomo saltado is a classic - wonderful beef in a delicious sauce and the crispiest fries. Their flan is one of the best: creamy custard covered in rich caramel sauce! The portions are medium-large, the staff is attentive and no request goes unaddressed. We will return.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My husband and I love to go out for dinner, and love to locate the new or newer restaurants. We have to say, that out of twelve or thirteen Peruvian Restaurants here in Sarasota, Mayta's knocks the rest out of the ball park.

The food is simply fabulous. The dishes and presentations have been spot on every time we have gone, and we have tried virtually every dish on the menu, including the desserts.

Anyone who does not give this precious gem a try is truly losing out on a tastebud extravaganza!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Service was great food was out of this world. I am looking forward to coming in again and trying something else new. This was my first time trying Peruvian food and I will be back. Desert was great as well and presented very well. Thank you both.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Love this place. I have visited Mayta's on many occasions and have always left happy. The ceviche is always fresh and delicious and the lomo saltado is one of my favorites. They have an excellent wine list as well as a new wine cellar. The owner and his wife go above and beyond to make this dining experience one of the best in Sarasota. Live music on Friday nights with a great ambiance any time. If you like Peruvian cuisine this is the place. It is one of Sarasota's hidden gems.