“Better than average”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ocean Blvd
Description: This place is temporarily closed due to renovation. The Eat Here restaurants in Sarasota and Anna Maria Island were recently selected as two of Florida"s "Best New Restaurants" as part of Florida Trend's Golden Spoon Awards. The award was particularly gratifying for the team at Eat Here's parent restaurant, the Beach Bistro, which has long been enthroned in Florida Trend's "Golden Spoon Hall of Fame" and ZAGAT's "Top Restaurants in America." Eat Here was previously selected “Best New Restaurant” by newspapers on Anna Maria Island and in Sarasota. The third Eat Here has now opened on Siesta Key to similar rave reviews. Eat Here celebrates chef-crafted, Gulf-Coast cookery featuring presentations of local farm products, fresh, locally-caught seafood and inspired pizza and tacos. The Eat Here bars serve traditional and creative cocktails, craft beers, and wines from pimarily family-owned vineyards. Eat Here’s chef staff is trained in the Beach Bistro's school of commitment to culinary excellence.
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Decided to visit because of a review I read about fish tacos in the area so when I visited there was only one thing on my mind.

The service was OK but had to wait several times for items asked for. All very polite etc but having to remind the waiter takes the edge off.

The food was good, perfectly acceptable for the price but did not blow me away. I can see the chef trying to use locally sourced produce and fully support the strategy.

Would give it a B+

Reviewed July 8, 2014

The place was not very crowded on a Monday night but we ate here last year. I had the lobster and shrimp tacos and my wife had pan seared shrimp. Both were excellent dineers and the other couple had tenderloin and beef tacos, both good as well. We couldn't find the waiter to get another drink but that was fine. We really enjoyed and will return next year. Next stop Lobster Pot this week.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I came here twice in the month of june. Both times the food was good with the exception of the veggie pizza- very bland. I ordered.my salmon medium rare and it came out perfectly. But here is the downfall...the service is overboard at times. We had 3 or 4 different people serve us and ask us the same questions multiple times. Don't get me wrong, they were attentive but just a little too much. Then when we came the second time we were a grouo of 8. Half our group ordered entree salads and the salads came out about 5 whole minutes before the rest of the dishes which made no sense. I think they need to work on these aspects of service, although generally the food was good.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Very nice place. A little fancy and spendy for "laid back" Siesta Key. ll items are ala carte. We had to ask for some bread or rolls.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Cute place, but menu is limited... They have two very small kitchens and your meals come up at different times depending on what you order... They try, but this is NOT Beach Bistro... Really can't recommend...

1  Thank LOLA S