“Add this to Siesta Key roster”
Review of Eat Here Siesta Key - CLOSED

Eat Here Siesta Key
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ocean Blvd
Description: This place is temporarily closed due to renovation. The Eat Here restaurants in Sarasota and Anna Maria Island were recently selected as two of Florida"s "Best New Restaurants" as part of Florida Trend's Golden Spoon Awards. The award was particularly gratifying for the team at Eat Here's parent restaurant, the Beach Bistro, which has long been enthroned in Florida Trend's "Golden Spoon Hall of Fame" and ZAGAT's "Top Restaurants in America." Eat Here was previously selected “Best New Restaurant” by newspapers on Anna Maria Island and in Sarasota. The third Eat Here has now opened on Siesta Key to similar rave reviews. Eat Here celebrates chef-crafted, Gulf-Coast cookery featuring presentations of local farm products, fresh, locally-caught seafood and inspired pizza and tacos. The Eat Here bars serve traditional and creative cocktails, craft beers, and wines from pimarily family-owned vineyards. Eat Here’s chef staff is trained in the Beach Bistro's school of commitment to culinary excellence.
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This restaurant in Siesta Key village does not come up on Trip Advisor for Siesta Key. It is listed for Sarasota which apparently has the parent Eat Here. Anyway, anyone looking for a relaxing and tasty dinner experience in Siesta Key will miss out if they do not know of this place. The name is a bit off-putting, but it is a good suggestion. The rooms are dim lit and cozy. The food was excellent. The kale salad was a new and good experience. The fish dishes were tasty, and Hillary was charming and helpful as could be. Try (Chez) Eat Here.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Kudos to the staff at Eat Here! Our server, Kelly, was superbly attentive in this attractive and comfortable restaurant. Everything we ordered was top notch from the salad and onion soup to the mahi mahi tacos. It's so nice to leave a restaurant smiling!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Have you ever had one of those restaurant experiences that happen when the moon and stars seem to align just right? I don't' want to overstate it, but I had one of the best meals ever at Eat Here. Totally unexpected as I only found the restaurant by luck as I was picking up a pizza from across the street the night before. Look, I've had fantastic dinners in London, Rome, Sydney, LA, SF etc., and Eat Here is up there with the best of them. We had a party of 4, and were seated exactly at the time of our reservation. A great start. We started with the bruschetta which was very good for something so simple. We also had the shrimp cargo which was fun and tasty. Gotta getcher' collards on. If you happen to be a yankee, go ahead an give 'em a try. For the main course I had the cajun Mahi which was a big chunk of fresh fish cooked perfectly. It was served with a corn casserole that may not sound like much, but was so amazing - spiced perfectly to go with the fish. Wow. My daughter had the pot roast which was very good as well. My wife had the mussels which I believe were a special. She thought they were also good. All washed down with an excellent pinot from the well sorted wine list. The only miss was the Chicken and waffles that my son had. Not sure what went wrong, but not up to the same level as the other meals. This may be a combo best done by Roscoe's if you really want it. All in all, a great meal and I wish it was closer as I'd be a regular for sure. For all that we had I feel the price was not cheap, but reasonable for the quality. We spent 18 days in Florida, and this was the best meal I had.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Excited to discover a new spot in downtown Siesta Key, we made reservations online easily and headed out, looking forward to trying a new place. We were not disappointed! Eat Here is a great new addition, and we cannot wait to try it again. The atmosphere is warm and fun, servers very friendly and quick, and food outstanding! We first tried the tomato soup, as well as the grilled cheese. Both were outstanding, bu we would only get one or the other next time as the soup came with a large piece of grilled bread. The grilled cheese was superb however. Better enjoyed separately, it both fantastic. We can't wait try the French onion next. For our entree, we split the mahi mahi tacos and St. Louis style ribs. Both were great. The mahi tacos were only $13.00, very reasonable. 6 ribs were $17, also reasonable. You could eat pretty well here for under $50 if you skipped pricey drinks. But wow, great drinks and fabulous bar. We might hit happy hour next!

Our only complaints, is that when serving ribs, they need to add wet naps and extra napkins, and our to go container want ideal, but I'm sure they will improve those two small items in an otherwise perfect place.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Visited here without a reservation and even though the place is very big it was packed out. The waitress said it would be an approx 20 mins wait so we had a drink at the bar and the wine was very reasonably priced.

True to her word the waitress informed us our table was ready, I had French onion soup and the special of shrimp and lobster tacos which were both extremely delicious and very filing. Our waiter was very informative and all in all it was very good.

1  Thank Sarah H