“Generous portions of fresh and creative food”
Review of Eat Here Siesta Key - CLOSED

Eat Here Siesta Key
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ocean Blvd
Description: This place is temporarily closed due to renovation. The Eat Here restaurants in Sarasota and Anna Maria Island were recently selected as two of Florida"s "Best New Restaurants" as part of Florida Trend's Golden Spoon Awards. The award was particularly gratifying for the team at Eat Here's parent restaurant, the Beach Bistro, which has long been enthroned in Florida Trend's "Golden Spoon Hall of Fame" and ZAGAT's "Top Restaurants in America." Eat Here was previously selected “Best New Restaurant” by newspapers on Anna Maria Island and in Sarasota. The third Eat Here has now opened on Siesta Key to similar rave reviews. Eat Here celebrates chef-crafted, Gulf-Coast cookery featuring presentations of local farm products, fresh, locally-caught seafood and inspired pizza and tacos. The Eat Here bars serve traditional and creative cocktails, craft beers, and wines from pimarily family-owned vineyards. Eat Here’s chef staff is trained in the Beach Bistro's school of commitment to culinary excellence.
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Five of us were hunting for the right place for dinner in Siesta Key (PS I don't know why Travel Advisor lists this restaurant in Sarasota not Siesta Key - it is in the heart of Siesta Key just off the 'main drag' Ocean Blvd.)
We ended up here a bit as a last resort - tired and hungry and ready to go anywhere that had a table and seats. Not too excited at first. Crowded and noisy and they said we would have to wait.
But it was a short wait. Just 5 minutes. And it turned out to be a really good dinner. Not your usual menu. Tempura Beets (delicious!). Squid tacos - spicy the way I like my dinner. Generous and varied grilled veg. Plate for my vegetarian wife. Pot roast. And more. Big portions. Helpful waiter. Small wine list but we had two excellent bottles.
A good dinner spot.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

My adult daughter and I shared the amazing tomato soup, fine-chopped kale salad with perfect dressing, and very fresh fish tacos. Our server was happy to take the time to explain menu items, and we enjoyed the relaxed, yet professional atmosphere. The cocktails were also fresh and perfectly made, and the wine list allows for tasteful food pairings.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

The food and service is good, however, the portions are a bit on the small side and the prices, well, a bit pricey. Locals do love this place though...just not one of my favorites...and I am local.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

The King was in heaven with Mom's pot roast. Absolutely the best ever. The Queen ordered the grouper and it was absolutely succulent. We started out with the pizza appetizer and would possibly order the whole pie next time there. Too bad they are not open for lunch too. Our waiter, Steve from Boston, was excellent as he knew the menu like the back of his hand, whatever that means. We'll be back real soon.

1  Thank KingAtlanticCity
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We read the reviews before we went and I was a little afraid because one person wrote "don't bother going if you're over 40". Well, I'm so glad we went anyway! Apparently they used to have live music, but because of bad acoustics in the restaurant, they stopped that. It will probably be a bit louder in season, but I still think it'll be ok. The service was excellent. Ask for Steve (from Boston). He was extremely attentive and knew the menu inside and out. Everything we ordered was delicious, well prepared, and beautifully served. My meat was overcooked but not badly and I wouldn't have sent it back but Steve said they want the customers to be completely satisfied and insisted on taking it back. It was perfect second time around. I couldn't decide between about 4 things on the menu so we will definitely be going back to try all of the other items. The room is huge, as is the bar, but I think they did a nice job with the décor and made it a little cozier than you would think a room that size could be. If eating sensibly is important to you, they serve a beautiful fresh spring mix salad with different than the usual toppings, and lots of other fresh vegetable side dishes to choose from, as well as a variety of fish & meat. This is definitely going to be a new favorite of ours. We rent our apartment by the week for vacations and will be sure to recommend this restaurant to our guests.

1  Thank MonCtyCate