“Excellent "Real" Bagels”

Cuisines: American
boston
“Excellent "Real" Bagels”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Believe it or not there is a difference between real and unreal bagels. Real bagels boiled before baked and that's how they make their wonderful bagels at Lox N Egg Bread Company. In one of our last days of vacation in Sarasota (boo, whoo),we decided to have breakfast here as it was recommended by friends. What a great decision it was for my wife and me. My wife had a pumpernickel bagel with regular cream cheese and tomato, while I had one of their specials for the day--whitefish sandwich with onion and tomato. Of the scores of bagels to choose from, I selected the poppy seed. We were both very happy with our decision as both bagel sandwiches were excellent. They do have other things on the menu so you don't have to have a bagel. But, we highly recommend a sandwich with one of their "real" bagels.

• Visited February 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Authentic bialys”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

It's hard to find bialys but good ones are even harder to find. Lox & Egg makes the right consistency and flavor...add some some more onions and they would be perfect.

Visited December 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Yummy!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great breakfast bagels, and a killer hazelnut iced coffee. Staff is always helpful and friendly. Yummy! :)

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank GeorgeSwitzer
Sarasota, Florida
“The only authentic bagels in Sarasota”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

If I want real bagels that are hand-made (I've watched the baker make them), boiled the right way, and baked perfectly, I go to the Lox & Egg. Having one of their bagels and lox sandwiches takes me right back to New York. No puffed-up, air-filled over sized Einstein bagels here, just the real stuff, made fresh daily. And when they sell out of bagels, they close for the day, so be sure to get their for breakfast or lunch; by 3 or 4 pm they may have sold out. They also have bialy's and make lots of enticing egg dishes. Very reasonably priced, friendly and helpful staff. This is a good place.

Visited October 2013
Sarasota, FL USA
“Best Bagels in Sarasota”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

They bake a huge variety of bagels, on-premise, so the are really fresh. Bagels are yummy and so is the whitefish salad, which I treat myself to occasionally. They're only open until 2 or 2:30. And if you want a LOT of bagels, or a certain type, call ahead or go early.

Visited August 2013