“Great little find”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were looking for somewhere to have breakfast and found this restaurant. They don't officially do breakfast but they made my husband an omelette. He said it was the best he had ever tasted. Literally raved about it. Maybe they will open for breakfast soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I heat there with my family 4 times and always found the food superb (from the caprese to the parmigiana, to the chicken, to the seafood). Giuseppe (the owner) and Marco (the manager) were very kind and helped us to feel like at home. If you will try the italian cuisine go there and you will be completely satisfied. Best regards from Pescara and thanks for the nr. 25 spiderman toy!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

What a great addition to the Sarasota restaurant scene. On Main St. right across from Regal Cinema. I say that, because you would never know it was there otherwise. Supernova? Strange name, but ignore that. Crazy looking sign, and from the outside looks like a sandwich shop..........but, ignore that as well..........and, eat here, eat here, eat here. I don't mean eat at Eat Here........eat at Supernova.
Sicilian......not your typical Italian at all. Not much to look at inside, but ignore that as well, the food is great.
Service was spotty when we were there tonight, as it was in the middle of the Sarasota Film Festival.......but, super nice people.
I had the salad special.......boiled potatoes, delicious tomatoes, red onion, olives (Sicilian), and capers.........delicious.......as was the freshly baked bread. Had the other special which was penne pasta with salmon in a light cream sauce with peas. Delicious.
My wife had the tuna tartare, which was excellent, and a shrimp special, topped with crab meat in a gorgonzola sauce.
They offered complimentary tiramasu, but we were just too full. Lot of other choices on the menu, including paninni's, calzones, pizza, sfincione, as well as the traditional pasta, chicken, and fish dishes. Everyone said to try the fresh pasta ($1 extra). But, we will be back for sure, so lots of items to try. Oh, and VERY reasonable prices. With two bottles of water, our bill was $42.00 before tip.
Don't miss this one, it is a hit.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had dinner last night with three friends and we all agreed that the food was excellently prepared, fresh and appealing to the eye. The prices were very affordable as well. It is puzzling that the owner would name his restaurant "Supernova Cafe" as it does not indicate the fine Italian food served within. Maybe a change of name would bring in more clientele? In addition, the signage outside and the general outside decor is not at all welcoming. It looks more like a sub/sandwich spot than a fine dining place. Nonetheless, we will return!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Guiseppe worked with me to plan my 40th birthday brunch at Supernova. Some of my friends are vegans, and he was very helpful in suggesting dishes that could be made without meat or dairy. I ordered some of the rice balls ahead (as they are pre-formed), and so we did them with just spinach with no cheese. They were AMAZING! All my friends were so happy with the food. It is a very convenient location as well, with parking across the street in the parking garage. I highly recommend this restaurant.