“I dream about the dim sum while I am pressure washing my patio....”

Yummy House Sarasota
Ranked #103 of 1,055 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Ok, I am going to resist all attempts at yummy humor. I grew up outside of San Francisco and have had terrible dim sum withdrawals for many years here in SW Florida. I am very happy that Yummy House is here. We have eaten here a half dozen times. We usually order from the Dim Sum menu. Today we had Chinese Broccoli, Steamed Shrimp Balls, Stuffed Fried Tofu and Steamed Pork buns. The service was friendly and quick. The food was excellent. All is well in the world.

1  Thank Andrea S

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to finally try the much anticipated Yummy House! We went early evening on a Friday (to avoid the rush) and the parking lot was already packed by 5:45 but there were a few open tables however we decided to opt for the bar (which is common for us) The bartender/part-owner was delightful-funny and very knowledgeable.

Obviously we had to get the salt and pepper calamari (Huge calamari fans) They were awesome, so tender and flavorful! We decided to share an entrée (they looked Huge) so we got the clay pot grouper and eggplant. So much flavor and "family style" portions.

I can't wait to go back on a Saturday or Sunday for lunch to check out the Dim Sum.

1  Thank powers
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I was driving in Sarasota when I passed this place called Yummy House.What caught my attention was the fact that their were cars parked everywhere around the building and that the other restaurants I passed we not as busy.

So here I sit in a packed dining room with lots of great aromas. I ordered the pepper oyster app which are Canadian oysters
The oysters were very interesting (pix included) now if you eat the oysters without the mixture that comes with it(spring onions,cilantro,fresh jalapeños,parsley,pepper,and Bermuda onions) then you won't enjoy it.this dish must be eaten with the mixture.it is not a fried oyster dish like what you may be used to.
I enjoyed it a lot the flavor s with the spicy bite were truly unique.

My entree was a classic beef Hunan.vegetables were all fresh and the beef very tender.excellent flavor along with a great spicy bite. I thoroughly enjoyed this dish as well

Why eat here? the food is excellent and very fresh.the servic wears better then some of the other reviews,and it was packed at 7pm with a wait on a Thursday night.this is impressive considering the other restaurants in the area.

Why not eat here? n/A

I also noticed that this place is a local hang out and you probally wouldn't even consider eating here since it blends in with the other older businesses.

1  Thank Steven N
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The value of this place is exceptional. The portions are massive (one plate enough for two people, easily) and the quality is great as well. The scallops were large and delicious and the pecking duck was phenominal. The service was slightly on the slow side but the servers all spoke good clear english and were very helpful and knowledgable about the menu. For the price of the food, you can't beat this place for asian. Definitely will repeat.

1  Thank Lyle D
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The is a GREAT addition to the Sarasota restaurant scene. The food is EXCELLENT. This place is quite popular so anticipate a wait time, being crowded the service may not be at McDonald's speed, if that is your goal. Order the pepper pot beef noodles. This place is also quite affordable. Four (4) folks can get out the door for $ 50.00 including tip.

1  Thank morgan s