“Doesn't disappoint.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Doesn't disappoint.”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have eaten here twice now...once for take out and most recently dining inside. I have to say that the take out wasn't anything special, but when we ate inside it was like a whole different experience! Although the decor is non existent, the service was attentive ( our drinks were never empty) and the food was abundant and flavorful. The price is right!

Here are a few tips: make a reservation. Try the calamari appetizer. Share your plate, the portions are enormous!

Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Lewis Center, Ohio
“Yummy!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was my first time here and I was not disappointed! It is quite a drive from where we live, but glad we did. We were greeted very pleasantly and our waitress was a delight--friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. The place is not fancy at all and the seating is somewhat uncomfortable but ---Everything that all of us ordered was very good and we sampled each other's entrees. The portions are huge and my husband and I had enough left over for two more meals! And everything was reasonably priced! Everyone seated around us was enjoying their food! The only negative would be having to pay $1.00 for steamed white rice to accompany your entree! What's with that? I have eaten a ton of Chinese food in many restaurants over my lifetime and I have never, ever had to pay for rice! Also, it would be nice to have a small appetizer-sized bowl of Wonton soup instead of the large family-size one? Would definitely go back if only it was closer! Would recommend to friends also!

Visited May 2013
Sarasota, Florida, Usa
“Too Hot for Comfort”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My family and I thought we would try Yummy House for the first time this past weekend. Based on excellent reviews from friends, we were anticipating a very good meal. However; when we entered the restaurant we found it to be overly hot inside. There was a 20 minute wait so we decided to see if it was our imagination because the place was full. After a few minutes we realized that we could not enjoy their food because it was unpleasantly hot (for us anyway)inside. I checked the thermostat on the wall and it confirmed the temperature was 81 inside. The food did look plentiful and smelled great but if we're spending our hard earned money on a meal we'd like the environment to be conducive to enjoying it. Maybe the ac was broken or just couldn't keep up with the amount of customers and heat from the kitchen. We'll check it again another time. Good luck.

Venice, Florida
“was not hungry an hour later”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Have not read such a variety of reviews from 0 to 5 stars. Being from the big apple, I have been to the worse and the best in Chinese cuisine. You want commercial, P.F.Changs is your bet. Sarasota is loaded with mediocre take out. This is a class A Chinese joint. The salt and pepper calamari is great as an appetizer. We had the veggie jasmine rice, the shrimp and scallops in brown sauce and
the chicken stir fry with brown sauce. The scallops and shrimp were perfect, the jasmine rice was excellent and the chicken stir fry fantastic. The vegetables in the main courses were delicate and fresh. The service was superior, Maggie was a our waitress and could not have been more attentive.
Your water glass never got below half before it was filled. This is as good as one would wish. We had a great meal and will return.

Tampa, Florida
“Beware - AC is malfunction”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Food quality is consistent with the other Yummy House that we have been to in Tampa BUT the AC in this Sarasota outlet was not working when we were there on Sunday afternoon! The waiter told us this has been an issue for months !!!! With outside temperature of 90+, the last thing we need is to sit in a hot restaurant so we left after eating only 4 dim sum dishes. Very disappointing.