“Somewhat Disappointing”

Smugglers Cove Adventure Golf
Ranked #5 of 29 Fun & Games in Sarasota
More attraction details
Owner description: An 18-hole Adventure style miniature golf course with a live educational alligator exhibit. Open 365 days a year. Explore 18-holes of mini golf while winding through a tropical setting with waterfalls, caves, and 25 real American Alligators! You can even purchase food to feed the alligators with an old style bamboo cane fishing pole
Ontario CANADA
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Somewhat Disappointing”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Took the two grandchildren there on a cool day. A good mini putt and the kids enjoyed that aspect but the 'alligators' were not what was hown on the video. They were very, very small and were not feeding because it was too cool. They were the reason I wanted to take our four year old but he certainly was not able to feed them as we had hoped. Apparently they had just 'traded' the larger alligators for new young ones. A little expensive but the second round was only two dollars but of course a four year old was not interested. Food availability is very limited.

Visited March 2013

Huntington, New York
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Good Clean Fun!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to go mini golfing while visitng family in Sarasota. This is the first place that popped up on google so we decided to check it out and luckily we were not disspointed.

The service is very friendly and the course was clean. They have a an albino gator, one of about 40 in the world, and a bunch of little gators, you can even feed them!

We played the first round and we actually tied! So obviously, we had to play again. Its $1.99 per person to play a second round. She let us start on the 10th hole because a group just started.

The holes were great, different, a lot of fun. Such a cute place.

I will definitely go back again to redeem myself.

Visited January 2013
Sarasota, Florida
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Good family fun”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My fiance & I took his 2 kids out for a day of fun. This was the perfect amount of time to keep them occupied and not too long to loose their attention. The weather was perfect & there were not too many people out playing on that particular day. It was nice & we didn't feel rushed. The staff was all very friendly too.

Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Fun, friendly and well-maintained”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is a nice little mini-golf course that has clearly had a lot of effort put into it. It was clean, charming and well-maintained and the baby alligators were very cute although I felt bad for Pearl the albino alligator in her little cabin (though note that I have no reason to believe she is not well cared for, to human eyes it just seemed like a small cabin!). It didn't take long to go around the course, probably about an hour for 4 people, but you could definitely do it twice as some of the holes were challenging (plus a second play is heavily discounted), and it was a nice family activity. The immediate area it is in seemed a bit dodgy to me, but the staff were competent and friendly and we thought we saw them ejecting one potential trouble maker from the premises. I would definitely return and I can imagine it's an even better activity with small children.

Visited December 2012
sarasota
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Fun for the Family”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

When it's too chilly for the beach, miniature golf is a good choice. The pirate ship theme is fun, and the place is very well maintained. Flowering bouganvillia and other tropical plants add to the ambiance. The golf course itself is reasonably interesting with varied types of "greens" and hole placement and banking. There is a guide for each one showing the optimal shots to try for a hole in one.
What sets them apart is the pond with baby alligators. On a summer visit we were able to feed them. However, on the recent chilly December morning they were torpid and uninterested.

Visited December 2012