“It was ok... just ok.”

Ranked #74 of 1,054 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Voted Sarasota's "Best BBQ" 2012 and 2013 by the readers of SARASOTA Magazine. We're a locally owned, family friendly, fast casual bar-b-q joint. Community seating inside, picnic tables on our screened porch and outside in our garden area. Good selection of American beers, including artisan breweries, plus wine. Children's menu. Serving award-winning Pulled Pork, Texas style Brisket, St. Louis Ribs, Smoked Chicken, pastrami-rub smoked and chilled salmon, and 13 sides -- most vegetarian and many vegan. Oh ... and don't forget our entree size salads: both our BIG salad and our Southern Ceasar Salad!
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I love me some bbq! I didn't love this bbq, but I liked it quite a bit. I had the black&blue which was the brisket burnt ends with blue cheese crumbles. It was really good, maybe to much bbq sauce.

My one issue was the ambiance; the building was nice enough, they had large picnic tables for seating which was ok because it wasn't crowded. I would have hated eating at a picnic table with someone I didn't know. My main issue was that the employees seemed like they either hated each other or hated their jobs. It looked like they were all tip-toeing around each other.

In line the service was fine, they helped us quickly and professionally, it just wasn't very welcoming.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Nancy's is a cute spot located in a great area. Unfortunately the food is pricey & just ok. While the B-B-Que is tasty, the veggies & sides are mostly without flavor & are expensive

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We went to another restaurant and it was closed so we checked on Tripadvisor and Nancy's BBQ was on the next block and had great reviews, so we decided to check it out! The food is home-cooked, large portions, and hot when served. It is cafeteria style, so no waiting at the table to be served.You wait in line, then they serve your food, you pay, and take a seat, inside or outside. The inside seating is at two long picnic style tables, so you share with others. Outside seating is individual tables. A lot of people were doing carry-out, too. You are served on large metal trays. The half-chicken was so large, we shared it and just added some vegetables! There are many vegetables to pick from which is nice when traveling. The cornbread is light and tastes like cake!
Everything was delicious!!! Good choice!

Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

I recently went here for lunch on my work break. Good delicious and great portions. Unfortunately the story I was left with was complaint staff about when there break was and two women at the register speaking in Spanish never once saying hello to me or acknowledging I was spending my money there for lunch. When I asked for an extra BBQ to go container I was told no. End of story. I offered to pay for it and all she said was no. Very very strange.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We enjoyed a lunch with a good friend who knew about Nancy's . A little "hole in the wall".place. Doubtful we would have stopped in ourselves, but so glad we did! Yummy pulled pork., cole slaw, very laid back, salads were made to order,. Picnic tables under a covered screened area, very reasonable. All in all a perfect easy lunch.