“Great BBQ”

Ranked #67 of 1,046 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Voted Sarasota's "Best BBQ" 2012 and 2013 by the readers of SARASOTA Magazine. We're a locally owned, family friendly, fast casual bar-b-q joint. Community seating inside, picnic tables on our screened porch and outside in our garden area. Good selection of American beers, including artisan breweries, plus wine. Children's menu. Serving award-winning Pulled Pork, Texas style Brisket, St. Louis Ribs, Smoked Chicken, pastrami-rub smoked and chilled salmon, and 13 sides -- most vegetarian and many vegan. Oh ... and don't forget our entree size salads: both our BIG salad and our Southern Ceasar Salad!
arverne
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I was very pleased to have lunch at this restaurant.
The food came out quickly,hot,and delicious.The bbq sauce that they used was very good.I would definately come back again

Visited December 2013

Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Love the food!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

fantastic slow smoked barbecue ribs, brisket, chicken and pulled pork, plus a great variety of authentic, delicious sides.
the place looks and feels like a real old fashioned BBQ joint. i love it!

Florida Keys, Florida
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I am giving an average rating rather than poor rating because the atmosphere is good and the décor is very good. The food however, is not. I was looking forward to trying this place with my husband who is a barbeque fan. I have to say that I am a meat lover too, so that was not my issue. But we left knowing we would not return, unfortunately. But knowing that the place has potential.

Parking can be tight, but there was parking on one of the side roads. We approached from the back and could smell the barbeque - yum! I will admit, however, that I am a clean freak when it comes to kitchens etc, and this one looked like it was the entrance to an outhouse. I figured it was part of the ambiance. I must say that I did not have any problem with the interior cleanliness and the servers actually wore gloves. The restrooms even were clean! Again that is not the problem.

I must note also, that the servers were very friendly and helpful...

My issues are with the actual food itself. Such a disappointment. My husband had the brisket sandwich meal and sausage and I had the brisket tacos. We each had a couple of sides. First off, I was NOT impressed by the size of the portions. I was actually shocked! I don't eat much myself, but it looked like the size of serving for a child! And with a bill of over $30, I was NOT impressed.

When we sat down at one of the "picnic" tables (good rustic setting), I looked across the table at my husband's sandwich and could not believe the amount of fat on the meat! I could not believe it! (yes, I said that twice) We have had barbeque all over the country and this is not the quality that we are used to. The macaroni and cheese was mild and not overly cheesy (probably the best of all the things we had). My tacos were ok. VERY small servings with a tiny tiny tiny piece of lime. I needed the salsa and onion to spice it up. My husband didn't even eat half of his sausage.

There is potential, however, I can't imagine how people are taken with the brisket. Perhaps he received an extremely fatty piece? Except that it was a few slices and they were both covered. I actually would be ashamed to serve that. The place wasn't exceptionally busy - it was 1pm on a Friday afternoon, so that was not the excuse. Perhaps we need the rolling rock for $2 as BigCanoeGeezer had...

Would have gone to Sonny's .....

1 Thank camer-always-aready
Naples, Florida
“A Lucky Find”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I was headed somewhere else, but didn't count on it being closed on a Monday. But, I drove by Nancy's, she was open, and I love BBQ! Upon entering I was a bit disappointed to see that it was a "fast food" BBQ place, but I gotta say the pulled chicken sandwich I had was VERY good. I thought the 2 sides I had were average at best. The beer was reasonably priced. I was in and out in less than a half hour for less than $13. They have a pretty extensive menu, lots of bottled beer, and I think even wine. It's not a fancy high-end place, but for what it is, it's pretty darn good.

Sarasota, Florida
“Great pulled pork and 2 buck beer ”
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We had the chicken BBQ sandwich and the pulled pork sandwich. The pork was great, seasoned well. The chicken was ok- it needs a little extra sauce added to it. I wish they used a sturdier roll.. It was mushy and hard to eat with hands, although it tasted good. And yes the rolling rock was just 2 bucks!