“Cozy atmosphere, good food, nice staff”
Review of Salvatore's - CLOSED

Salvatore's
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This review covers the small, inside Southern Grill part of Salvatore's. Good southern food. To spare some of the calories and fat, we had fish dishes, a sole and a salmon, both moist and tasty and baked to perfection. The list of sides is long; we both had green beans with bacon. I also had a large green side salad that came covered in yellow cheese. Many restaurants in Sarasota don't have specialty beers, but here I was able to get a beer brewed in nearby Tampa. The decor is dark wood and the setting intimate and cozy. If they had one more server, service would be excellent. Convenient to Burns Court Cinema across the street. Easy parking. A nice spot.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great jazz musicians, great atmosphere, great service, great food! What's not to love!? Completely family run, I was greeted by the daughter, served by the son, and checked on by managing Mom. I will be returning and highly recommend the place to anyone visiting Sarasota!

1  Thank Martin F
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This restaurant is definitely one of Sarasota's places to be. Nestled on a quiet corner in Burn's Court, the former Galileo's has been completely transformed into an upscale, yet comfortable, mecca that affords customers a multitude of choices. Two Kitchens, two bars (soon to be three), inside or outside dining and live music make Salvatore's a must stop when visiting downtown Sarasota. There are even two completely different Menus, one Kitchen features Italian, the other Traditional Southern, so everyone should have no trouble finding a favorite. For our first visit, we decided to try Italian. We found a seat outside in the courtyard, near a stylish LP heater not far from the Saxaphone player. Surprised that more folks weren't enjoying the wonderful atmosphere, we settled in with a glass of house Chard and perused the menu. Fresh bread was served with a dipping oil & spices, a little too much spice for our liking but generally acceptable. We weren't starving, so we skipped the apps and went straight to the entrees. I selected the Cannelloni Ricchezze del Mare, stuffed with Alaskan King Crab and Shrimp topped with a spicy tomato sauce, my wife chose Fiocchi al Parma, Chicken & Parma Ham in a Sweet Cream Pear sauce. Mine first, tender pasta, lots of flavor, but I suspect canned crabmeat. Overall, the sauce was tasty but too salty and the dish was a bit 'fishy'. The ham was nearly non-existent in my wife's dish and the chicken pieces were overcooked (bits of breast that had obviously been in the sauce too long), so we mentioned this to our waiter who promptly brought out some freshly sauteed chicken breast that was better, but seasoned with different spices. And again, too much salt. We will definitely return to this restaurant to sample the Southern menu. The outside dining is real fun, Justin (our waiter) was very knowledgeable and accommodating. We're giving the first visit Three Stars for the overall experience and wonderful atmosphere but the food has a ways to go.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I felt the food was average here, nothing great. My husband thought his hamburger was very good and my friends love this place. If I returned, I would order from the Italian menu. Because we were seated outdoors between the Italian and the Southern restaurant, we could order from either menu.........I ordered from the Southern menu because the sides and appetizers looked good. Average at best.
I WILL say the restaurant was very accommodating to us. We had a group of 10, we could order from either menu and our server was great. It was not an easy job to get all our various meals from the two kitchens straight, Also, he let us do separate checks which was made more complicated because as couples, the guys sat at one end of the table and the girls at the other. We were impressed that he got all this straight and did it with a smile.
Burns Court is a charming, historical street of cute little bungalow type houses. Eating outside worked great for our large group. We had space and noise was not a problem.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I had heard from a friend to go to Burns Court and eat at Salvatore's. it was a great surprise I had this fruit a de mare. Unbelievable how good this food was, I loved the salad and bread. I had a cocktail at the beginning martini. Very good. I loved the atmosphere and outdoor seating. I was told they have a great southern style menu on the other side. I will be trying it as well. I will be back to Salvatore's.

1  Thank B R W