“Exactly what we wanted!”
Review of Gateway Cafe - CLOSED

Gateway Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My mom and I were looking for a casual place for lunch and hoping for "home cooking", having been too many times to Panera. Gateway Cafe was exactly what we wanted in that they offer all day breakfast, in addition to some great lunch meals. I went with the omelet special, complete with real home-fries, and it was excellent. Very tasty, generous serving. Friendly, efficient service. It was so good, I went back just a few days later with my husband!

1  Thank beachlover246

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I LOVE breakfast, anytime, while my husband likes lunch at "lunchtime". You can get both here and they are AWESOME !! I was hesitant to put my review on line, for selfish reasons... I didn't want to jeopardize my getting a table at my favorite breakfast café. But in all fairness, I am telling the masses.... "This is the BEST place to have lunch or Breakfast in all of South West Florida !! " The Staff is great and Rachel is the greatest cook, so the food is awesome !! Really !! The only problem is that it isn't not open for dinner !! It is located in Gulf Gate, right over the south bridge off Siesta Key. I would recommend this to anyone who loves the best breakfast possible and those who love an delicious lunch as well ! Get the French Toast...it is to die for !! Better than grandma's, sorry Grandma !!

1  Thank Debi P
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My family and I ate at Gateway Cafe this past Saturday (8/17/13). We had a variety of food; country fried steak, bisquits and gravy, and a wonderful pretzel turkey sandwich with awesome french fries!! The food was cooked perfectly and our server was awesome....friendly, attentive...we had a great meal. We will be going back often. Also the price was very reasonable!!! Great job Gateway Cafe!!!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

When travelling, I always look for good places for breakfast and this location did not disappoint. I had a party of four and we all got something different, and we all enjoyed our selections. One person got a lunch item and it was good as well. The staff was friendly and the prices were reasonable. We will definitely come back.

1  Thank FloridaGatorFan
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were in Siesta Key FL for the week and I wish we had discovered this restaurant on our first day. Great food, über polite and efficient staff, very clean and the food was excellent plus a quaint atmosphere. French toast, eggs over easy, sausage, bacon, grits, omelets and eggs asparagus Benedict and real home fries plus hot tea served with a teapot! All very very good. A great way to finish of our last morning in Florida.