“Great Time!!”

McCurdy's Comedy Theatre
Ranked #1 of 40 Nightlife in Sarasota
More attraction details
Owner description: Nationally touring professional & celebrity stand up comedians weekly shows Wed. thru Sun. with regular host Les McCurdy over 4000 sq ft. state of the art showroom also outer public Green Room holding lounge Established 1988 the new facility is the newest comedy theatre in America the zip code is 34236 three parking garages within two blocks
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Went to McCurdy's Comedy Theatre last night to see Tracy Smith and had a really good time. She is laugh your rear off funny. And Les (owner) will make you laugh as well. I was by myself, but never felt alone. Eric, my server, did an excellent job - always had a cold beer in my hand. My first visit, but will not be my last - a great time at a very reasonable price.

1  Thank bob m
in 4 reviews
"black diamond"
"outer bar"
in 2 reviews
"short walk from main street"
"intimate room"
in 22 reviews
"comic"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Our go to place for a nice night out from day 1 my now fiance and I's 1st date was at McCurdys, when you laugh all night your probably going to have a GREAT date and that we did. Les McCurdy is a class act can't wait until he opens the new location downtown so happy for him and the people of Sarasota.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

First visit to McCurdy's and it was a great evening. Lee is one funny son of a b..... He reminded me of Dennis Quaid. Headliner was Louis Ramey and he commanded the room. Very funny and quick witted. We will definitely return.

1  Thank James R M
Reviewed January 25, 2014

McCurdy's is always lots of fun. The service is terribly slow, but the show is always worth going to.

1  Thank MonCtyCate
See more reviews
Reviewed January 17, 2014

We were at the comedy club last night, 1/16/14. the first act a gay woman performed, used God's name in vain more than once and used the excuse that she was Catholic, admitted she was gay and said because she is Catholic I don't know it is sin because I don't read the Bible I have someone who does that for me. She was totally disgusting and not at all funny. I don't remember what her name was but, I am sure if you look at the schedule for that particular night you can find out. I can't imagine a comedy club allowing such a obnoxious person to perform and try to call themselves a comedian. I do have to say that the headliner was great and extremely funny. He is Frankie Paul. Best best part of the evening.

1  Thank Nancy T