WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of The Inn at Turtle Beach

The Inn at Turtle Beach
Ranked #1 of 5 Sarasota B&B and Inns
Litchfield, Connecticut
“A lot of money for a little of the basics”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

Since I am in the hospitality business I usually refriam from writing reviews. My instint tells me that by writing this that it may help the ownership group make some needed changes.

My GF and I spend 4 nights, costing us just shy of 1800.00. That is an average of 450./nite. Now I am not an expert but at that rate I would consider our stay to be close to first class.

Quiet, yes. Low key, yes. No kids (on the adult siade, yes. Nice views, yes. But wait, NO Maid service, had to take out my own garbage. No towel service, so I had to go get fresh towels (in the rain) from the back of the hotel from a "winter storage bin" that was bought from Walmart! No bed sheets changed. Now I am not a high roller but come on folks give me a break. At that rate you would expect the little things to be taken care of.

I added an extra night and booked the "honeymoon" room or what is called the only room upstairs. (What is funny is the Honeymoon room only has a Queeen size bed). I received a call a few hours later to tell me they made a mistake and I would need to stay in two rooms if I wanted to stay the extra night. I was quoted 299./nite for the extra day...and then billed 379./nite. At this point I said nothing because I was so upset at the lack of basic services I felt I should be recieving at the cost of staying here. I mean I could of rented a condo at that rate or for a few sheckels more!

Amenidities, well sort of. Only two kayaks and canoes for 10 rooms that were all sold out. 5 bicycles that were that came from WW2 . I mean come on folks show some appreciation for the high costs.
The "Hot Tub" in the honeymoon room was bath tub warm, small.

The kitchens in each of our two rooms were basic. Silverware stored in a galss, a toaster over that had to be used backwards because the plug did not reach the outlet! Absoulutly no dresser space for two people, lived out of my suitcase! A 5.00 Mr. Coffee maker that was probally purchased at Walmart. I mean come on, why not invest in a Kurig and offer coffee cups. What no Water! I mean go out and grab some bottled water and stick in the fridge so ther are some waiting when you arrive. Is that a lot to ask?

By the way don;t expect to get up in the morning and do laps in the pool, very small.

Parking, good luck getting a spot. I had to walk in the pouring rain and thunder from the other location.

Like I said, quiet, romantic and low key..but missing a few french fries from the happy-meal.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Scott M

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a fabulous stay at this very unique resort The minute we saw our private hot tub we were impressed. The furnishings for our one bedroom villa were perfectly charming! We highly recommend the Inn for its uniqueness and charm and want to take this opportunity to personally thank the owners Gail and David for all restaurant recommendations and advice on how to make the most out of our time on siesta key ! Next time we will plan for a longer visit! Star and Jeff

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Starletj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Just stayed at the Inn at Turtle Beach, our room was perfect with beautiful surroundings! Loved the private courtyard and hot tub! Perfect for a FL honeymoon! Very quiet and relaxing with friendly, helpful staff. Will definitely be coming back to this resort!

• Stayed May 2013
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Quiet, romantic getaway. Exceptional service, excellent restaurant recommendations. Try the bicycles and the canoes. My wife and I had a relaxing stay. The property is located on a quiet part of Siesta key, away from the noise, yet close enough to drive to the action. The room was exactly like the website, and we never heard any neighbors. The pool had shady areas to avoid the sun, and the wi-fi signal was strong.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Not sure if the other reviewer is a friend of the family or what. This place is NOTHING like the website, or the owner's description. Cramped, dark room, with no view. No hot water (owner suggested running it for 15-20 minutes). This is not on a beach at all, it is on a small dock in a bay inlet. The swimming pool is very small, and wasn't heated. Walls are thin, you could hear the couple next door having a normal conversation. Internet was non-existent, the owner the next day explained that they hadn't updated their guest guide for the current router. In fact, the owner said, he's "had it with this place" and is leaving. The lack of attention to detail is appalling. We left after one night, for which we paid $350. I'd say this place was worth about 1/2 the price.
Note: If you want this area, the best beach is up the road about 5 miles, Siesta Beach. It's all condos, some are for rent, so you'll have to do some hunting. Siesta beach has great powdery sand, but the sand at Turtle Beach (1/2 mile north of this resort) is gravelly broken shells.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank SR22
Gailkippy, Owner at The Inn at Turtle Beach, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
While I respond to this review I am stting in a gorgeous gazebo on top of the water as the sun sets. I am surrounded by pelicans, herons, kayakers and newlyweds fishing off the docks. All of our cottages have free Wi Fi and hot water along with private courtyards and large private hot tub spas. Please read the review below.
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

From the moment we arrived to the minute we left, this amazing property and the management was outstanding. The property was so peaceful and beautiful, there seemed to be something new to admire at each step. The view was amazing and management told us of the magnificient sunsets....The room was wonderful, and all of the free ammenities were just a bonus. We booked another trip a few months away beacause we did not get to enjoy all of the things they offer...so Thanks to all involved with this lovely property....we will be back...
Elizabeth & Terry

Room Tip: this time we are booking time enough out to get a view overlooking the bay, remember the rooms book...