“AMAZING WINGS,PRIME RIB PASTIES & PIMM'S!”
Review of British Open Pub - CLOSED

British Open Pub
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We absolutely LOVE British Open! Such a great find! The staff is super nice and the food is easily in the top 5 in Sarasota. We used to go there or get takeout at least once a week when we lived in south Sarasota, it's about once a month now that we're on the north end but it would be worth the drive even if we were a lot farther away. If you haven't gone yet, DO IT!!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Have loved dining here for many years! Food is great--best liver and onions in town! Great British food--Cottage Pie, Fish and Chips. Staff are upbeat and friendly! Have never dined outdoors,( parking lot view ) but love the Pub inside! And excellent Draft beer!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had a free meal for my birthday month from British Open Pub so we decided to give it a try. I will say it was decent, nothing to write home about, but it was not great nor horrible, just somewhere in between. We both had the fish and chips, the fish was flaky and tender. The food came out very fast, service was excellent, atmosphere was what is to be expected for a strip mall location. I probably would not go back, but I wouldn't say, don't go here either.

1  Thank JMPMINFLA
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We went here on a Sunday afternoon around 2:00 and was not to busy. We had a Groupon to try and did not even know it was there. Glad we found it, service and food was great. Fish and chips was wonderful, nice hugh piece, wife had chicken and mushroom pie with chips, pie came out to table in a complete surpise, it was great and tasty. Will go back again soon, nice to have somthing different for a change

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We are new to the area. Saw a Groupon for this place and I said...YES!! But when I left the restaurant I said...TOO BAD!
We went for lunch; hindsight maybe that was our problem??
The waitress was kinda rude and very curt. Like she was in a hurry to not help us. We are always, "Hi how are you doing?" kind of people.
We had the crab roll as an appetizer..LOVE.
Ordered an extra dirty martini..great bartender! And let me tell you..next to Bond, I know my martini's.
I ordered the Mums Mac n Cheese with garlic bread..first it came out super cold. I asked her to warm it up a bit and she did. It wasn't too bad after that; wish there were more sharp cheese but hey it cured my mac n cheese craving, can't beat that. The garlic bread..GROSS. It was so old and hard and it had me asking where's the garlic. There was 3-4 garlic flakes on the bread but I literally could not bite into the bread. The peas and carrots were what they are. I took those home to my dogs..they loved them.
My friend had the prime rib sandwich. She was torn between that and the fish n chips. The waitress said the sandwich. She said she liked it, a little salty but good. She didn't finish the steak fries but said they were delish.
But as always, even with the groupon we still tip according to the bill PRIOR to the discount regardless of how bad we feel the staff are.
We probably won't go to this pub again. We'll keep trying other British Pubs.