“Great Peruvian food”

INKANTO Authentic Peruvian Cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Established in 2012 INKANTO, the Charm of the Inkas, open doors to provider the most Authentic Peruvian Cuisine in Sarasota The quality of products, the original recipes and our Peruvian native culinary staff make the diference in our cuisine.Inkanto ranked the best Ceviche in town by Top10 Sarasota, and one of the best seafood restaurants to dine by Writer/Entrepreneur/Social Media specialist/Foodie/Publisher of Sarasota Jack Litman-Quinn As well Inkanto was considered one of best 2012 new restaurant in Sarasota
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Inkanto offers some delicious Peruvian food. We especially loved the Papa rellenos (stuffed potatoes with meat). We are glad to taste Peruvian wine although still prefer Italian. The wait staff are very friendly. A little higher priced restaurant than we are accostumed to on Siesta but well worth a special trip.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Went there recently with a group of coworkers and guests (group of 16). With all the positive reviews, and previous positive experiences at other Sarasota Peruvian restaurants we were expecting good things. Unfortunately, reality did not live up to expectations.
Appetizer portions are small and pricey, and the same was true for the main dishes.
Had the cicharron de calamar (fried calamari) and the papa rellena (stuffed mashed potato) as appetizer (as they were out of rocotoa rellano - stuffed pepper)....came out on tapas size plates...not worth the $9 and$8 respectively.
My girlfriend then ordered the chupe de camorones (shrimp chowder)...for $18 expected a decent size bowl...not even close. I ordered the aji de gallina (shredded chicken)...mine came out cold and had to be sent back. What I thought was a "decent" mound of chicken was actually a small portion covering thick slices of potato underneath...again small portion sizes. On top of that, there was little to no flavoring to any of the dishes.
My girlfriend had one glass of wine and I had an ice tea.......and the bill was $65...for that kind of money I expect a better meal.
There are too many options in Sarasota to go back....I've eaten at three other Peruvian restaurants in the Sarasota area and would go back to any of those first before even thinking about this place. Peruvian food should be simple, not pricey.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

You get them now and then when sharing with your wife or family. We went to Trader Joe's but saw the sign just south of the back of Trader Joe's parking lot, and we like to try new food and experiences. The waiter had charisma. The food was very good. Next time, I think we will make a day of it and go to breakfast, the Outlet Mall, Trader Joe's, and then Inkanto or in some order of that.
Not cheap but the calamari was the best I've had. The rice and beans I want to make at home somehow. My wife enjoyed a vegetarian quinoa dish which was very good. (I shared a bite).
Not cheap but not expensive. A gem of a moment. We will go again.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing dinner my husband and I had at Inkanto. It is hard for us to eat out because we are vegan, and we do not have many choices in Sarasota. I have to say that this restaurant has 7 different vegan/vegeterian options, and they are delicious. I can't wait to come back and have the 5 course meal wine tasting. I totally recommend this place to all who want to experience delicious peruvian food

3  Thank CHOYJES
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We are lucky to have many Peruvian restaurants in Sarasota. None have compared to INKANTU. It was fresh, flavorful, authentic and service was great. Multiple Ceviches selections and Corvina special along with appetizers were perfect. We are returning time and time again! Wish we had saved room for dessert.

2  Thank Becky C