“Top line restaurant in Sarasota”

INKANTO Authentic Peruvian Cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Established in 2012 INKANTO, the Charm of the Inkas, open doors to provider the most Authentic Peruvian Cuisine in Sarasota The quality of products, the original recipes and our Peruvian native culinary staff make the diference in our cuisine.Inkanto ranked the best Ceviche in town by Top10 Sarasota, and one of the best seafood restaurants to dine by Writer/Entrepreneur/Social Media specialist/Foodie/Publisher of Sarasota Jack Litman-Quinn As well Inkanto was considered one of best 2012 new restaurant in Sarasota
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I saw good rivew on tripadvisir, so came to try it. We really enjoyed everything. I felt I was in peru by tasting the food. Also owner came by talking with us.it made feel very comfortable. I like ti go visit every month.

1  Thank amyamore

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The food was amazing, but more special was the hospitality from all the staff. Fernando and His Wife make sure you feel right at home. If I could afford to eat at Inkanto everyday I would!

2  Thank Michael R
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Tonight I went to Inkanto for dinner for a second time. Everything I can say is that the food is amazing! I am originally from Peru so I am always looking forward to eating authentic Peruvian food and when I tried the Seco de Cordero I felt like I was at home! I really loved it! They have great Peruvian wines and the service is outstanding!! I recommend this restaurant if you really want eat authentic Peruvian food, you will enjoy it! Definitely a must go if you are in Sarasota.

3  Thank Lissy_155
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Got to the restaurant at 5 p.m. and saw a sign upon entry that "happy hour" was 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Listed immediately under, in large letters was "Appetizers Half Price". Then the sign went on with a number of other happy hour specials. So, I was pleased we were there to take advantage of the "Appetizer Half Price" specials.

We were given a menu with a good number of appetizers listed as well as entrees. When the waiter came I told the waiter that I was glad to have arrived in time for the Appetizer Half Price Special and asked him what he recommended. He gave us a very good explanation and we decided to order as he suggested.......4 appetizers and 1 entree.

To be fair, the food was very good and the waiter charming, warm and thoughtful.

However, when the bill came I noticed all the appetizers were full price, around $8 each.. Bottom line, we were being overcharged around $16. I so notified the waiter.

The owner came out of the back of the house and I saw him explaining the sign at the front door regarding appetizers to the waiter. He was pointing out some very small printing on the bottom of the sign I later came to find out that this small printing was a listing of "special" appetizers which were considered by the house to be the only ones that were "happy hour half price specials".

The waiter came to me and explained this to me now that he understood and I told him that that was not the understanding I had when we ordered, nor were we given any menu on the table of happy hour half price appetizers.......we were only given a regular appetizer menu and guided to that list by him when we ordered. Therefore, I wanted the check adjusted $16.

The next thing, the owner/host came to me with the sign in his hand and said he was sorry for the misunderstanding but I would have to pay the $16 and he was not going to adjust the check. I told him that I would not be paying........by this time the matter was disturbing to other customers and my wife was getting upset and saying she just wanted it paid already and wanted to leave. To please her, I paid in cash and left the restaurant. My wife stayed to get the change and in her kind manner pointed out to the owner that his sign for Happy Hour was poorly written and unclear and further, the waiter was unclear and uneducated of the matter himself. She told him that he would have similar problems in the future if he did not make clear to the customer, when they were AT THE TABLE ordering appetizers during the 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. time slot, Monday thru Friday, which ones were and were not considered a half price special.

I was going to go back to the restaurant and recommend it to my friends before this unfortunate incident. However, I would NOT recommend this restaurant to ANYONE based on this Bait and Switch - Ungracious Host/Owner and poor business ethics and response to a legitimate customer complaint.

There are other Peruvian restaurants in town that would likely appreciate your business.....try them first is my recommendation.

1  Thank jeff4jojo
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was a GROUPON find and we are so glad to have found it! The food was plentiful, fresh and delicious!! The service was perfect! We'll be back! :-)

2  Thank ibphilly