“I love dessert!”

Jim's Small Batch Bakery
Ranked #2 of 24 Bakeries in Sarasota
Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Small batches, real ingredients, and a deft hand... no proof & bake croissants, no muffin mixes, no Sysco cookie dough and no fake whipped cream. It's all from scratch and it's all made on premise. From authentic all-butter hand laminated croissants and perfect carrot cake, to fresh fruit sorbets and candied bacon BLTs on true artisanal bread, the variety, freshness and execution may surprise you at this humble little place.
Reviewed December 17, 2013

If you love sweets, this is the place for you. Incredible French macaroons and so many other delightful items. We split several of them. My husband tries the chocolate cake everywhere he goes and said this is among the best he has ever had. Definitely worth the trip!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We had read the reviews so were anxious to try it out and were not disappointed. Egg and cheese on a garlic bagel with candied bacon - delicious! Best almond croissant I've ever had. The pecan sticky bun was made with challah dough and was incredible - perfect amount of cinnamon. Maple bacon croissant - yum! And as if that wasn't enough, a key lime crumb cake for "dessert" - warm little pound cake with perfect lightly tart creme in the center and an airy crumb topping. We will definitely be going back to try some soups and sandwiches and more pastries. And the folks there were really friendly - chatted with us the whole time as we waited for a fresh batch of sticky buns to emerge from the oven. Glad we found this place early in our visit!!

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this and were pleasantly surprised. This is not a full restaurant, just a small bakery with a couple of tables for a quick meal. Very friendly, incredibly fresh, and delicious. Best salmon bagel I've EVER had. Absolutely fantastic!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Wonderful little bakery, truly small batch. We first ventured here for lunch while staying on Siesta Key as we wanted something to take with us. The sandwiches were wonderful and we were so impressed with the pastries behind the glass that we decided to try it for breakfast the next day. They are popular, so get there when they open if you want a real butter croissant--you may have thought you knew what a true croissant was supposed to taste like, but most Americans do not know that a butter croissant will be straight, ends not curled inward. We had to wait for 20 minutes, or so, for them to come out of the oven, but it was worth it!! Very limited seating, so I would suggest you just get it to go. Soups looked wonderful...will try them next time!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I've only been there twice since they opened, but I will certainly return on a regular basis. The two soups I tried, clam chowder and French onion, were both very tasty. The breads were excellent and the pastries mouth watering. I've learned that some of the favorites sell out early, so don't wait until the last minute!

Check out their facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jims-Small-Batch-Bakery/179217118761268 ) for daily lunch specials and the list of which breads are available on each day. And while you are on their page, look at the photos!

I also have to comment that Jim himself asks how you like your meal and will answer any questions. The service is prompt and very friendly. Seating inside and out is limited but when I was there most people took their purchases to go, so seating was not a problem. Don't expect much in terms of atmosphere......the food makes up for that.

It's just so nice to have freshly made, delicious bakery products available! Thank you, Jim!