“Mother's Day Was Missing Something...”

Jim's Small Batch Bakery
Ranked #2 of 25 Bakeries in Sarasota
Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Small batches, real ingredients, and a deft hand... no proof & bake croissants, no muffin mixes, no Sysco cookie dough and no fake whipped cream. It's all from scratch and it's all made on premise. From authentic all-butter hand laminated croissants and perfect carrot cake, to fresh fruit sorbets and candied bacon BLTs on true artisanal bread, the variety, freshness and execution may surprise you at this humble little place.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

A little "something something" from Jim's! We went away on Friday night and forgot to "pack" our Jim's for the weekend - Best ding dang bagels in town, best almond croissants, best key lime kiss - OH MY, THE CHOICES! The breads are a staple in our house and, of course, I can't forget my all time favorite "Ali Muffin". (Perhaps that isn't the real name, but Jim and staff humor me by allowing me to call them that when I'm in.)

If you're looking for a place where each item is lovingly crafted and well-executed by a Baker who cares, Jim's Small Batch Bakery should be your destination.

PS - I can't wait to try the new $4 lunch box. A mini sandwich, a small piece of fruit, a small dessert and a bottled water. It sounds perfect!

There are newer reviews for Jim's Small Batch Bakery

Reviewed May 11, 2013

It's good but it's only a bakery and the selections are somewhat limited.
It's not a restaurant at all. why is it listed as the #1 restaurant.
It's the #1 bakery in Sarasota, but folks. remember this is Sarasota

1  Thank MattA612
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Good things come in small packages! Our family visited Sarasota on vacation. I repeatedly heard people mention this bakery, and the Fact that you could not choose anything that wouldn't make you want to turn around and order another. It was true, YUM! Although there wasn't a huge selection, (hence the name) there is something for everyone. The owners were verr friendly, particularly Jim, who was wonderful with the kiddos. Go, you won't regret it!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My brother had been insisting for weeks that I have lunch with him at Jim's, so last week we finally went. I had the candied bacon BLT (amazing) and we split a walnut bar and a layer bar (both very good). My brother also picked up a fresh loaf of challah bread, which was about half gone by the time we were back to the office! =) The staff was super friendly and the food was absolutely delicious! Definitely worth a visit - the pastries all looked super and the bread is really good!

2  Thank Phoebe B
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Great high quality baked goods here. Challah is the best we've ever had. Great lunch and desserts too. Highly recommend. Best bakery in Sarasota!!