“Delicious food!!”

Jim's Small Batch Bakery
Ranked #2 of 24 Bakeries in Sarasota
Cuisines: Soups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Small batches, real ingredients, and a deft hand... no proof & bake croissants, no muffin mixes, no Sysco cookie dough and no fake whipped cream. It's all from scratch and it's all made on premise. From authentic all-butter hand laminated croissants and perfect carrot cake, to fresh fruit sorbets and candied bacon BLTs on true artisanal bread, the variety, freshness and execution may surprise you at this humble little place.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My brother had been insisting for weeks that I have lunch with him at Jim's, so last week we finally went. I had the candied bacon BLT (amazing) and we split a walnut bar and a layer bar (both very good). My brother also picked up a fresh loaf of challah bread, which was about half gone by the time we were back to the office! =) The staff was super friendly and the food was absolutely delicious! Definitely worth a visit - the pastries all looked super and the bread is really good!

2  Thank Phoebe B

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Great high quality baked goods here. Challah is the best we've ever had. Great lunch and desserts too. Highly recommend. Best bakery in Sarasota!!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

If your from the northeast nothing is better than a chalah on friday night.
John has the best on the west coast

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Off the beaten track, in the getting trendy, Gulf Gate area of Sarasota, is Small Batch. It is worth the trip to find this tiny place with delicious treasures. I have been going there since it opened a couple of years ago. With some places, the quality deteriorates after a while, but Jim has kept up his high quality. Everything I have tried there is very good. I see that another reviewer mentioned the carrot cake, which I also love. Last time, I wanted something less decadent and I had the sour cream coffee cake which was light and the flavors were perfectly proportioned. We also bought a challah (bread) which is only available on Fridays and should be preordered on Thursday to guarantee getting one. Jim's challah compares very favorably to the best I have had in NYC. There are two tables outside and though there is not much to look at, in terms of scenery, it was nice to be able to sit down while eating a fabulous BLT sandwiches on Jim's home made bread.

1  Thank shoshann88
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I just came from Jim's with an assortment of goodies. First one down was the carrot cake. Oh my! So moist and delicious. The frosting was the best...not too sweet, but so creamy. Lots of carrot and nuts. Excellent. I will try to be reasonable with the rest of my stash, but no promises. Everything looks so good; I know it won't last long. I haven't tried the soup or sandwiches yet, but I am sure they are just as wonderful. Well worth the visit.