“First time and probably last.”
Review of Shore

Shore
Reserve with OpenTable
Shore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 1,071 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: N. Adams Drive
Transit: The public bus stops within 200 feet of the restaurant
Description: Shore is a fresh new American restaurant with a nod to Florida's Mid-Century. Great place for a casual lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch in a warm, modern environment.
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We had heard good things about shore and that is why we took the trip to the circle to check it out.

Food and ambience was nice, service was the worst we've had in a long time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,348)

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We ate there May 8th- first time -recommended by others. Food and atmosphere were great! -Lobby was full -long waits, found out it will be permanently closed this Saturday. We were told owners and chef were in their 80's and decided to retire after 40 years of operation.... Many of those waiting with us said they had been eating there for decades. and will miss it.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Called here for lunch on family recommendation.
Enjoyed a cocktail before, which was very strong..great!

Ordered the lobster salad sandwich which was superb, fresh and delicious. Also had the turkey salad sandwich which was also good.

Server was attentive, polite and pleasant.
Sat outdoors on the balcony which was also good, and well shaded as it was around 90 degrees.
Only negative bit was the music which was a little louder than average and is a killer for those with hearing aids.
However, we shall be back for more another time.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

The four of us (ladies) got our drinks in a timely enough manner but then 30 minutes elapsed and our waitress never returned to take the dinner order. She served others, but ours was a kind of twilight zone experience. Not busy enough to blame that, not late enough to mistake us for clubbers. No idea. Eventually went to Mattisons City Grille.

2  Thank Nancycoll
Shore D, Manager at Shore, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

I would like to apologize for the recent experience you had while dining at Shore Diner. First and foremost is our customer satisfaction and we obviously let you down. I am sorry again for that. Please know that we start each and every day and shift with one goal: Make the experience the best it can be for our guests. I understand that we can never have a perfect shift, but my job is to ensure it's as perfect as possible. Please accept my offer to come back and give us another try as we would hate to lose you as a customer for good. We know that there are many options in and around Sarasota to dine and I know that we have one of the best there is.

Please send me your address via email to Shorediner@gmail.com so I may send you a gift certificate to dine with us again soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough about this place, the service is a true reflection of top notch management. (Molly) Greeting from the kind host stand and departing thank you as you leave. Amazing bartenders and servers! Tana, Katie and Sam are awesome! Best spot in town! I feel like family and at home here. Love this place and will always return with each visit to Sarasota.