“Contemporary restaurant on St. Armand's Circle”
Review of Shore

Shore
Reserve with OpenTable
Shore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,148 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: N. Adams Drive
Transit: The public bus stops within 200 feet of the restaurant
Description: Shore is a fresh new American restaurant with a nod to Florida's Mid-Century. Great place for a casual lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch in a warm, modern environment.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Trying a new restaurant in St. Armand's tonight called the Shore Diner. Odd name because it doesn't have diner food or diner decor and certainly not diner prices. It does however, have a lively, contemporary, open atmosphere on the second floor above a trendy clothing store with the same name and is teaming with nicely-dressed baby boomers which is a pleasant change from the combination of tourists and old money I usually see in the St. Armand's eateries. I opted for a burger on a brioche bun with roasted cherry tomatoes, smoked Scottish cheddar cheese, and a Vidalia onion and admit it was quite good and the service was excellent. However, with so many fine restaurants here on the circle, it will be a tough choice on whether or not to return

Write a ReviewReviews (1,443)

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Wife and I have had lunch there half dozen times and never disappointed. We love the lobster sandwich, crab cake salad, and there hamburger is one of the best. We have only had lunch there but it has become one of our favorites...we live hear year round....so not a snow bird review! Ron

1  Thank eronpickard
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Let me start off this review with the staff, from the hostess Samantha who was very helpful to our waitress Meg it was a joy to go somewhere and feel like they enjoyed their jobs!
Food wise, I dont know what the previous reviewers are talking about, maybe it was just a bad night for the kitchen but our food was delicious. We started off with the lobster sliders, meat was tender the bread was sweet and warm. Hubby had the GIANT ribeye, it literally took up the entire plate and hiding underneath was a pleasant size portion of mashed potatoes and asparagus. Myself who enjoys scallops was not disappointed in the Key West Shrimp and Scallops. The risotto was cooked perfectly as were the grilled shrimp and scallops.
When you eat out at St. Armands you have to expect to pay a little more no matter where you are. This is a welcome change from going to Tommy Bahamas whose prices and food are WAYYYY overrated!

1  Thank Jacquelyn P
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Shore has a long staircase, but look carefully as it's concrete embedded with tiny shells -- very beautiful! As mentioned in previous reviews, the decor is stunning. We sat inside, but felt like we were outside as the entire front of the restaurant is open-air. The drinks were superb -- my Cosmo was the best I've ever had. The menu is limited and the food was hit-or-miss. I had the "wagyu" (sp?) slider appetizer. When I asked the waitress was wagyu was, she said "Kolbaby". I believe she meant Kobe (I'm sure it was a faux-Kobe, but the meat was tender and perfectly done). The sliders were delicious, except for the one piece of gristle I encountered. The green salad was good, with a nice vinegrette, some crispy green beans and fresh cherry tomatoes. My friend's meatloaf was "just OK" and VERY bready...the mashed potatoes underneath were not hot, and the green beans and carrots were raw. The server brought out another dish of veggies, which were tastily grilled but still not as good as the beans in my salad. The food is too expensive to not be top-notch (we paid $78 with 20% tip). I might be willing to go there again for the ambience -- but for drinks only.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We first dined at Shore last July and our review was headed "Still Evolving." There was lots of buzz at the opening but we were disappointed with the food. We returned this month at suggestion of friends and our current opinion is that it has not "evolved" and the food is certainly no better. The signature fried chicken was so dry that it might have been prepared during our original visit. The appetizers and other two main dishes served to our party of four evoked no praise and were average at best. Unfortunately, a big investment in the venue is impacted by mediocre food. It was interesting to note that we had no trouble getting a reservation at prime time during the developing season and the restaurant was barely half full. The "Buzz" must be less audible.

1  Thank Stuart S