“Thouroughly enjoyable”

Mozzarella Fella
Ranked #13 of 1,079 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Mozzarella Fella is a great place opened lunch in downtown Sarasota just east of Orange avenue. You can watch the owner make fresh Mozzarella, then enjoy it! I ordered a ball of Mozzarella to go and made my own Insalata Caprese when I got home. I also sampled the sausage and peppers which were excellent and a had a connoli which was wonderful.
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Great lunch , buzzy atmosphere, I had a grilled chicken and Mozzarella sandwich that was thoroughly enjoyable. What's not to like?

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Their Italian Tuna Sandwich is delicious and unique, as it isn't made with mayo like you would think, but instead is made with Kalamata Olives, Red Onion, Capers, Grape Tomatoes and Virgin Olive Oil. Seating is very limited there though and they are usually very busy.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Raised in NY it's hard to find some good Italian spots in Florida. Soo excited to have this place here. Casual, fresh and delicious. Whoever hasn't given them a good review must not appreciate Italian food or fresh food.

2  Thank ginamontes
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I was on vacation with my family when we read about Mozzarella Fella on a "recommended" list given by the time share. When we arrived I was immediately drawn to the chicken francese sandwich to which the owner replied that I might like it with prosciutto. I was HOOKED! Not only was it so good that I returned the next day but the short rib special made the Fella a necessary stop on my way to the airport. I even brought a veal sandwich back to NY for my father in law. We will DEFINITELY be back!!

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

This place is a little hard to find but worth it! Had a huge plate of delicious calamari as an appetizer. My husband had a meatball sub & I had the Italian sub. Both delicious