“Fresh, affordable, delicious!”

Mozzarella Fella
Ranked #13 of 1,065 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Mozzarella Fella is a great place opened lunch in downtown Sarasota just east of Orange avenue. You can watch the owner make fresh Mozzarella, then enjoy it! I ordered a ball of Mozzarella to go and made my own Insalata Caprese when I got home. I also sampled the sausage and peppers which were excellent and a had a connoli which was wonderful.
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I have now tried 3 different subs from Mozzarella Fella and my tastebuds have been beyond pleased with each one! It is rare to find a place which serves fresh homemade mozzarella for such an affordable price. Their sub prices are comparable with most in the area, however the quality is far surpassing. The bread was fresh, the chicken was pounded to a very thin piece (easier to eat that way),and let's not forget... the mozzarella. ... delicious! The portions of everything were generous. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stopped in to pick up some sandwiches to take along on a visit to a state park. We were greeted by the owner and selected five different sandwiches. All are made fresh to order with house made mozzarella. The sandwiches were very generous and so fresh tasting that you could not stop from eating the entire thing even though half would have been sufficient. We are back in Canada now and still talking about them :).

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Fresh ingredients, interesting combinations, what's not to like? Everyone in our party enjoyed his or her selection, so was a nice place to stop for lunch.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

After reading reviews about this restaurant on TripAdvisor, my coworkers and I just had to check it out during a recent business trip to Sarasota. The restaurant totally lives up to the hype! I ordered the #1 and ate every last morsel. The mozzarella was flavorful and the bread was soft and fresh. It actually reminded me of a similar sandwich from Eataly in NYC; however, the sandwich in Sarasota was better thanks to the bread. The staff was also friendly, bringing out a free plate of buttered noodles for my coworker's toddler.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Mozzarella Fella is a jewel in the town of Sarasota. The ownership hails from New York city, and the decor adds to the New York Italian feel atmosphere. The service is impeccable, and the food is delicious. It reminds me of eating at a Little Italy restaurant in New York. The sauce on the pasta is unmistakably straight from mamas kitchen and the meat and chicken are served to perfection. The whole experience will have me going back for more. The attentive staff makes you feel comfortable and aims to please. There is a jewel in Sarasota, Florida. Unmistakably New York, with the Italian flavor. Mozzarella Fella. Magnifico!