“New York Italian flavor in Florida”
Review of Mozzarella Fella

Mozzarella Fella
Ranked #9 of 1,031 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Mozzarella Fella is a great place opened lunch in downtown Sarasota just east of Orange avenue. You can watch the owner make fresh Mozzarella, then enjoy it! I ordered a ball of Mozzarella to go and made my own Insalata Caprese when I got home. I also sampled the sausage and peppers which were excellent and a had a connoli which was wonderful.
Staten Island
“New York Italian flavor in Florida”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Mozzarella Fella is a jewel in the town of Sarasota. The ownership hails from New York city, and the decor adds to the New York Italian feel atmosphere. The service is impeccable, and the food is delicious. It reminds me of eating at a Little Italy restaurant in New York. The sauce on the pasta is unmistakably straight from mamas kitchen and the meat and chicken are served to perfection. The whole experience will have me going back for more. The attentive staff makes you feel comfortable and aims to please. There is a jewel in Sarasota, Florida. Unmistakably New York, with the Italian flavor. Mozzarella Fella. Magnifico!

Staten Island, New York
“Quality Food and People”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I am a tough New Yorker who appreciates and respects good people and food. My wife and I were in town visiting family and our cousins took us to Mozzarella Fella. We had such a nice lunch. All food was freshly made and delicious and the people were very friendly.

• Visited January 2014
Maryland
“Great food, small place to sit”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We really enjoyed our lunch here and managed to snag a table. Staff is friendly and food is great and homemade.

1 Thank robin11
Halifax, Canada
“Not one of my favourites”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

With so many nice places to eat, I can't understand how Mozzarells Fella got #2 ranking..they must have asked their family to write fantastic reviews. The lunch was nothing special, and on the bland and expensive side. We had their Prosciutto sandwich, Mozzarella sandwich and Boar Head Turkey sandwich. All were served on crusty sub sandwich rolls. For $9.50 a sub sandwich with nothing other than ham, tasteless mozzarella and bread, I cannot give them high marks. The freshly squeezed lemonade was no better than a grocery store powdered drink.There is only one 4 seat table outside and the inside tables are small. It was crowded, so we had to do take away.
We won't be going back.
-Snowbirds from East Coast Canada

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Marshall G
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
“Great place for lunch”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is a great place for lunch. We went as a family it was a big hit. The food was great and the the service was really good with friendly staff. Really worth visiting if you are in the area.