“Awesomely fresh- the best of SRQ”
Review of Mozzarella Fella

Mozzarella Fella
Ranked #18 of 1,144 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Mozzarella Fella is a great place opened lunch in downtown Sarasota just east of Orange avenue. You can watch the owner make fresh Mozzarella, then enjoy it! I ordered a ball of Mozzarella to go and made my own Insalata Caprese when I got home. I also sampled the sausage and peppers which were excellent and a had a connoli which was wonderful.
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We went for lunch because of all the great reviews on TripAdvisor and it did not disappoint! The staff was soo nice and told us their recommendations. The mozzarella is homemade, and so fresh it's barely cold. I ordered the chicken parm and it was delicious. The chicken is perfectly breaded and seasoned and the locally made bread is very fresh. My dad got the Italian sub, which had great meat and vegetables. Everything is made once you order, nothing pre-made and sitting in the fridge. The iced tea is fresh brewed and delish! I wish they had a recycling bin, but the atmosphere is awesome and the decor is so cool! Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Remy C

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

after reading the book reviews on this place, we went to try it out. well as Italian and disappointed. are from sarasota time for work and I've seen plenty of places where you see (ITALIAN) to work harder, and there are many. we immediately see that the Italian has nothing. the sandwiches are small and are expensive. the right price are $ 5 not 10. money is not there. for 2 sandwiches and a bit of pasta with pesto I paid 30 dollars. absurd, we went to the restaurant with another service. I'm sorry but we will not return.

6  Thank gacqua75
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We went for lunch because of the reviews on Tripadvisor and the reviews are so right!
We tried the portobello and roasted pepper sandwich, and since it was calamari Friday, the buffalo calamari sandwich. Both sandwiches were great. If you are anywhere near downtown Sarasota this is a fairly priced priced place to eat with good food and service.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

pasta of the day was so good but simple...sautéed diced eggplant, mushrooms, spinach and garlic
with a side of spinach cooked in oil and garlic, fresh mozzarella topped with tomato and roasted pepper and finished off wih a small cannoli!!!!...shared with my friend.....soooooo like the Italian food found in the older restaurants in the North End of Boston

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Holy cow!!! This place is awesome!! They deserve 10 stars at least!! The food is so fresh, awesome flavors, perfect fresh ingredients. I got the calamari sandwich, husband got chicken francaise sandwich, and for picky daughter they gave her a delicious chicken cutlet seasoned perfectly, with a warm roll with butter. The food was simply Devine and the most delicious food I have had in a long time. I want to try everything on that menu and I will keep coming back from PA to Sarasota until I do. Couple that with kind friendly warm service and ridiculously low prices for what you get........you'd be crazy to come anywhere near Sarasota and not give this place a try. I am not exaggerating!!