“the Fella makes me not miss home as much”
Review of Mozzarella Fella

Mozzarella Fella
Ranked #11 of 1,071 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Mozzarella Fella is a great place opened lunch in downtown Sarasota just east of Orange avenue. You can watch the owner make fresh Mozzarella, then enjoy it! I ordered a ball of Mozzarella to go and made my own Insalata Caprese when I got home. I also sampled the sausage and peppers which were excellent and a had a connoli which was wonderful.
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I relocated from NY to Sarasota in 2012, leaving behind many great eating spots that I had grown up loving. Once I heard about the Fella, I thought to myself, hmm, they're from NY, maybe there's hope. I was definitely not disappointed on my first visit, and I've been back almost at least once a week since. There is nothing on their menu that I wouldn't try but my favorite is #14, the meatball parm sub. The store is decorated nicely with touches from Italy & NY, and the staff is super friendly, it's a must to have a meal here whether you're a local or just visiting SRQ.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Had a fabulous chicken parm the other day.
Victoria is just a doll and the food is the best in SRQ
Don't walk run there!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I am a meatball fanatic and detest the meatballs that many restaurants pour out of a frozen bag. This place makes their own and they are out of this world. We buy them in bulk and take them home for freezing. Add some of their homemade mozzarella and voila! Personable and personal service. Only one complaint and it's that the mozzarella balls seem to be getting smaller as the place becomes more popular. Could be a difference in who is making them...still delish. Oh, a second complaint is that they aren't open long enough! LOL We drive from West Bradenton to get this fab food and have to go only on the Saturday we have off, once a month. Would love to see some evening hours!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Had heard about Mozzarella Fella and just recently had a chance to try it. We had 2 great sandwiches, 1 w/ veal and brocolli rabe and 1 w/ eggplant and veggies. Both are served on excellent Italian style sub rolls. It's really important to gert the bread right and these definately were. We called ahead and they were ready on time too. Will be back to try the others.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Delicous homemade italian food, with fresh mozzerella. I love the take out for a wholesome healthy homestyle dinner.