“My Go-To Place for Take-Out”
Review of Mozzarella Fella

Mozzarella Fella
Ranked #9 of 1,046 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Mozzarella Fella is a great place opened lunch in downtown Sarasota just east of Orange avenue. You can watch the owner make fresh Mozzarella, then enjoy it! I ordered a ball of Mozzarella to go and made my own Insalata Caprese when I got home. I also sampled the sausage and peppers which were excellent and a had a connoli which was wonderful.
Sarasota, Florida
“My Go-To Place for Take-Out”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I love this place! It's a New York feel, high energy feel in a relaxed bistro/cafe atmosphere. Select Italian groceries and wine available for purchase, eat in or dine outside (a few tables). I usually go at lunch and get it to go. It's my go to place for dinner, reminds me of a NY Deli, the hot window - I get lasagna, eggplant parm, meatballs, rice balls, peppers and the hot sandwiches chicken cutlet parm is my fav -the mozzarella is fresh and the way it should taste.

They are friendly, reasonably priced and if you check-in on foursquare you get a complimentary lemonade or ice-tea - every time.

Authentic!

Sarasota
“Yum”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I love this place. Reminds me of a NY deli. The sandwiches are special. Who could not love Broccoli Rabb on Veal with fresh home made mozzarella. Bread is great. Yum yum Yum

1 Thank TravelinGregSarasota
“ABSOLUTELY THE BEST!!!!!!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Discovered the restaurant by accident. I live in Sarasota but don't frequent main st often. Was looking for something new and different as i walked by someone was walking out and the the wonderful smell POURED out. My mouth immediately started to salivate. I felt like a dog in front of a huge bone. Anyway long story short after being drawn in by the wonderful smell, i was greeted with a smiling face at the counter who recommended the best tasting sandwich i ever had. The chicken parm that is, so fresh tasting made my taste buds EXPLODE!!!!! A must visit to ANYONE who loves great food and a great atmosphere :) :) :)

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Food & Stellar Service!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

As a native New Yorker from an Italian family whose father is also a chef, it is normally difficult fall in love with other Italian restaurants. From the moment I walked into Mozzerella Fella, I felt like I was back in NY. I first ordered the broccoli rabe, hoping it would resemble something like the way my parents make it. So many places just steam broccoli rabe like it's regular broccoli, at least that's what Dad says (I don't cook). From the smell alone, I knew it was going to be great. It didn't meet my expectations; it exceeded it! I no longer have to pester my parents with frequent requests. From the first bite, I knew geniuses at Mozzerella Fella were my new extended family.

The same is true for the canollis! So many places serve them but this place makes them... like you're NY!

The meatballs, the chicken cutlets, the roasted peppers... excuse me while I wipe the drool off my computer keyboard.

What makes this place an instant pleasure is the service! The people who own and work there make you feel like family. You don't have to be Italian either. They treat everyone with the respect and gratitude they truly have for each of their customers. I always feel like I'm on vacation or living in a Brooklyn or NYC neighborhood.

If I had to pick something to complain about, it would be when it's time to leave. It's like leaving your best friend at the airport: sad to leave, happy for the great time, and can't wait to return!

Bradenton
“I always have a great experience with food & people here.”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

After discovering this little gem on Main Street, I have eaten here or picked up lunch at least 7 times. This visit, I ordered what is fast becoming a staple--the #1. Fabulous!

Love the choices--so much for anyone who loves a twist on Italian, a good sandwich/salad, and vegetarian choices too. I turned on my colleagues from work, and we will take turns picking it up for everyone. My husband, who is a very picky eater, loves it as well. We agree that the bread and mozzarella are addictive!

I look forward to seeing the same friendly faces behind the counter everytime I come, and they always inquire about how I'm doing. How nice to be remembered and treated like returning friends!

On many Main Street locations, parking is next to impossible during lunch or other times during the day when it's high Season here. Always easy to find parking near Mozzarella Fella.

• Visited March 2013